Custom Job Help!!

baronv

This will be my first paint job on a valk, I ended up regretting getting the Toynami VF-S MPC instead of the Yamatos, but since I paid some bucks for it I want to make it look nice like it had on the included pamphlet. So how would I go about adding panel lines on the Valk? Is it just a matter of getting some gray paint and drawing in along the lines or is there an easier way to do it? Any help would be appreciated from this newbie.

Has been posted by ... don't remember who posted :(

1) Apply the basecoat (remember to wash the model to get rid of the basecoat)

2) Apply the Gloss clear coat (use gloss to make the decals go on easier)

3) Apply the decals

4) Apply another gloss coat to seal in the decals

5) Now comes the wash (make a mixture of 1 part artists oils to 5 parts low odor mineral spirits). Dot the mixture into a major panel line and let the cappilary action take the mixture down the panel line. Touch up where needed.

6) Wait an hour for the wash to dry.

7) Take a rag with a little bit of low odor mineral spirits to clean up the dab marks left by the Step 5.

8) Do whatever other weathering you want to do and seal it up with the final coat of either gloss, semi gloss, or flat seal.

Did I miss anything?

And try this link

http://codyscoop.com/ht-building.html many goodstuff inside

Many members are really gifted in modeling, make a search on the previous posts for words like panel line, weathering and so, you will find good advices for sure.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...