Robotech Macross Saga Remaster

treatment

They are on the way.....From Valkyrie exhange.com....

Macross Saga Destroids and Enemy Mecha

Toynami will be releasing Destroids and Zentradi enemy mecha using the existing molds that were also used by Matchbox and Playmates Robotech and Exosquad line, respectively. These figures stand about 5 inches in height and are made of ABS plastic. No changes are planned for these molds; however, Toynami plans to improve the paint job for its' versions of these figures. The company also has access to the Robotech action figures molds but indicated that if it decided to produce action figures, the designs would be brand new. MSRP prices are to be announced at a later date.

Draging this off-topic, but then all value has been extracted anyway and we're into "me too"-ism, but are you sure about that?

Weren't we informed that the molds were simply too degraded and the project "on hold" aka dead?

Cyc

They are on the way.....From Valkyrie exhange.com....

Macross Saga Destroids and Enemy Mecha

Toynami will be releasing Destroids and Zentradi enemy mecha using the existing molds that were also used by Matchbox and Playmates Robotech and Exosquad line, respectively.  These figures stand about 5 inches in height and are made of ABS plastic. No changes are planned for these molds; however, Toynami plans to improve the paint job for its' versions of these figures.  The company also has access to the Robotech action figures molds but indicated that if it decided to produce action figures, the designs would be brand new.   MSRP prices are to be announced at a later date.

Draging this off-topic, but then all value has been extracted anyway and we're into "me too"-ism, but are you sure about that?

Weren't we informed that the molds were simply too degraded and the project "on hold" aka dead?

Cyc

BoK is a little slow. You'll have to excuse him.

Toynami formally announced the cancellation of the re-release of the old Matchbox toys due to deterioration of the molds many moons back. If you consider the Exo-Squad release, you know this is a crock of crap. They didn't want to release the toys because they saw the lack of interest as well as the backlash in publicity.

vinnie

Edited by justvinnie

BoK is a little slow. You'll have to excuse him.

Toynami formally announced the cancellation of the re-release of the old Matchbox toys due to deterioration of the molds many moons back. If you consider the Exo-Squad release, you know this is a crock of crap. They didn't want to release the toys because they saw the lack of interest as well as the backlash in publicity.

vinnie

Or the later Harmony Gold release even.

Ah well, if they had announced they were including the Invid Shock Trooper in it I would have been happy. Aiming for 25 of 'em :)

Cyc

• 3 weeks later...
It's been plenty of time.

If ADV was really out to milk it and hold fans upside down by their ankles, they would've waited to announce this after Christmas.

Carl Macek used to say remastering Robotech would be virtually impossible because at the time it was true. We used to say it probably wasn't going to happen because we really didn't think it was going to happen. But we kept our pipe dream, remembering how badly fans wanted Robotech to be remastered

LMAO! YEAH RIGHT!

This is incredible. But knowing me, I'll prolly frakk around and get it anyway. :rolleyes:

It's been plenty of time.

If ADV was really out to milk it and hold fans upside down by their ankles, they would've waited to announce this after Christmas.

Carl Macek used to say remastering Robotech would be virtually impossible because at the time it was true. We used to say it probably wasn't going to happen because we really didn't think it was going to happen. But we kept our pipe dream, remembering how badly fans wanted Robotech to be remastered

LMAO! YEAH RIGHT!

This is incredible. But knowing me, I'll prolly frakk around and get it anyway. :rolleyes:

Be sure and tell us what was "added".