Wave 1/100 VF-1J

Vifam7

*Getting out of lurker mode... :p

This seems too good to be a 1/100 kit. I mean, the details (for me at least) are nothing short of superb! I still have my 1/100 ARII and I dont even see half the details I see here. Now I have to save for both the Hase 1/48 and this! My wife is gonna so kill me! :lol:

Is it just me though or does the Battroid look odd?

*Getting out of lurker mode... :p

This seems too good to be a 1/100 kit. I mean, the details (for me at least) are nothing short of superb! I still have my 1/100 ARII and I dont even see half the details I see here. Now I have to save for both the Hase 1/48 and this! My wife is gonna so kill me! :lol:

If a $40 Hase 1/48 and a $20 Wave kit is going to get you in trouble, I hate to know what happens if you buy a $200 Yamato. ^_^

Is it just me though or does the Battroid look odd?

Maybe they're going for the TV anime look? That and perhaps we've all gotten so used to Hasegawa and Yamato's iterations of the VF-1?

I do notice that the neck is shorter in Wave's version.

Edited by Vifam7

actually I'd like to know, how she will kill you when you get a $200 toy????????

Nice kit...and with so many VF-1 old and new I can't keep up, I am a bit confused and hardly remember which is which. Does this transform???? so it seems from the little Japanese I am trying to guess (turns pinpoint barrier on and braces for rotten tomatoes)

actually I'd like to know, how she will kill you when you get a $200 toy????????
She probably gonna kick me out of the bedroom and not let me have any for the longest time until I die from it. :lol:

If a $40 Hase 1/48 and a $20 Wave kit is going to get you in trouble, I hate to know what happens if you buy a $200 Yamato. ^_^
Only because I told her I plan to get the 1/48, this (1/100), and a 1/60 ver2 from Yamato. Now I may even have to add the 1/60 kit from Yamato! Or maybe I'll just drop one of the Yammie's from my list. That plus the fact that I still have a lot of unbuilt kits at home. But she's pretty much very supportive of my hobby as long as I don't overdo it. :)

Maybe they're going for the TV anime look? That and perhaps we've all gotten so used to Hasegawa and Yamato's iterations of the VF-1?

I do notice that the neck is shorter in Wave's version.

I second regult. I can barely remember how the anime version looks like unless I watch episodes from The First again. Although I still think Kaiyodo's Revoltechs simply look sleeker (if not sexier); Yamato's and Hasegawa (and Wave?) gives me that realistic look and feel. :) Edited by ver CO

• 1 month later...