Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VT-1 Ostrich Thread

KiriK

It looks cool especially with its head joints up and down 360 spin a extender to make it come out more and up head joint and the antenna can swivel and bend in different directions and extend-able sensors on the head

Can someone who owns both the (v.2) VF-1D and the (v.2) VT-1 tell me if the VT-1 is equally shockingly bright as the VF-1D is? The Yamato promotional pics for the VF-1D were MUCH more subdued than the actual color turned out to be which to me is a bit too bright. I love my VF-1D though but I am wondering if the VT-1 is the same.

It's not as bright but still brighter than the pics................. :(

Edit:

Sorry my bad. The VT-1 IS brighter than the VF-1D. I would say that the VF-1D is more of a brown/dirty orange and the VT-1 is almost safety vest orange. The tan is a lighter shade too. I would say this is a good thing as you would want a trainer to be highly visible not? Either way I actually like the color scheme more than my VF-1D.

Edited by logos

So when are you guys going to review the VE-1? (I always look forward to your video reviews on Youtube) Got mine yesterday and I it's just as good as the VT-1 if not better.

Edited by logos

It's not as bright but still brighter than the pics................. :(

Edit:

Sorry my bad. The VT-1 IS brighter than the VF-1D. I would say that the VF-1D is more of a brown/dirty orange and the VT-1 is almost safety vest orange. The tan is a lighter shade too. I would say this is a good thing as you would want a trainer to be highly visible not? Either way I actually like the color scheme more than my VF-1D.

THank you logos for the information. That is very interesting. I still want one and also a VE-1. Once I stop being flat ass broke I will pick these up.

Here's some of my VT-1 pics. I cut the stickers individually using a scissor after pealing it off from the sticker sheet. Making sure each cut is perfectly close to the edge of text/graphic. Almost all 1/60 'text' are small and measure 1mm or less. Smallest would be the word 'Danger'. Anyway, after a week of hard work, VT-1 is ready and I feel great. Panel lines are applied and I like it clean. Will surely do weathering later but not now. I like the new 'factory look'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy.

ikhii

post-3479-1258556526_thumb.jpgpost-3479-1258556632_thumb.jpg

post-3479-1258556675_thumb.jpgpost-3479-1258556694_thumb.jpg

post-3479-1258556757_thumb.jpgpost-3479-1258556802_thumb.jpg

post-3479-1258556827_thumb.jpgpost-3479-1258556863_thumb.jpg

Edited by ikhii

Here's some of my VT-1 pics. I cut the stickers individually using a scissor after pealing it off from the sticker sheet. Making sure each cut is perfectly close to the edge of text/graphic. Almost all 1/60 'text' are small and measure 1mm or less. Smallest would be the word 'Danger'. Anyway, after a week of hard work, VT-1 is ready and I feel great. Panel lines are applied and I like it clean. Will surely do weathering later but not now. I like the new 'factory look'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy.

ikhii

Awesome job on that Super O! What did you use for the panel lines?

IF I was going to do panel lines this is how I would want them to look . . .

GREAT JOB

exactly! I wanna know what he used for it. I use to use those gundam 0.05 markers and wipe off the excess. It would look ok, but not as good as this Super O!

Hi guys,

Great to know that you guys love the panels. There is no big secret on panel lining yamato's 1/60. I've tried many and so far, Gundam REAL TOUCH MARKER (GM401 Grey) works best with the surface material. I have tried Gundam makers GM01, GM20 and even though they were meant for panel lining (on gundams!) they are not really good for Yamato's surface. They are not that easy to wipe off when we use on Yamato's planes. They also left very bad impression on the surface.

There is a thin coating on Yamato's plane. So my suggestion is, you may need to have a steady hand and apply first layer using GM401 (fine tip) along the panel lines and wipe it off (use my hand, fast, easy and quick). The second time when you apply it, the ink will sink into the gap of the lines naturally and this is when you can see everything pop out as it should. If you wish to make the lines darker, apply it few times. Make sure you wipe it off quickly before it dries off. This is how I did my VE-1.

Here's a pic of Gundam Real touch Marker (GM401,402) They come in set as well with different colors.

Gundam Real touch marker

Hope this helps. Will do more valks. ;)

Cheers and start paneling away.

ikhii

Edited by ikhii

Hi guys,

Great to know that you guys love the panels. There is no big secret on panel lining yamato's 1/60. I've tried many and so far, Gundam REAL TOUCH MARKER (GM401 Grey) works best with the surface material. I have tried Gundma makers GM01, GM20 and even though they were meant for panel lining (on gundams!) they are not really good for Yamato's surface. They are not that easy to wipe off when we use on Yamato's planes. They also left very bad impression on the surface.

There is a thin coating on Yamato's plane. So my suggestion is, you may need to have a steady hand and apply first layer using GM401 (fine tip) along the panel lines and wipe it off (use my hand, fast, easy and quick). The second time when you apply it, the ink will sink into the gap of the lines naturally and this is when you can see everything pop out as it should. If you wish to make the lines darker, apply it few times. Make sure you wipe it off quickly before it dries off. This is how I did my VE-1.

Here's a pic of Gundam Real touch Marker (GM401,402) They come in set as well with different colors.

Gundam Real touch marker

Hope this helps. Will do more valks. ;)

Cheers and start paneling away.

ikhii

Well done dude ! :lol: