What's a fair $ for a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz Ver1

sigma20xx

I would really like to get a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz Ver. 1, but not at the cost of my soul. I know they are rare and all, but how much should people realistically be charging for this thing? I think $300+ +$50 shipping is a bit much. Is it really worth that much??? I know people want to make a profit, but got damn. How much was it when it was fist introduced?

To Uxi:

I guess the one you mentioned should be low vis ver2. It can't be that cheap for the grey ver 1, even in its initial release.

To sigma20**:

Actually there is one post specially discussing this topic. It seems that around 250 is currently the proper price (it really dropps off in this 1-2 years). In ebay, I saw one guy in japan selling it with 225 but should be finished already. 300usd, to be frank, is a bit high but not that much, especially if the seller picks up his 1A in the peak time.

I can also provide you an estimation of the bottom line. 150-180 usd, impossible to be lower than that. Personally if I see such a price, I will bid without any hesitation. And I am pretty sure that 99% of guys here will do the same thing. At one time, I saw one guy selling such a baby with 150-160 (even loose and stick applied) just 5 mins later after he post. When I pm, it is SOLD oredi.

If you are not in that hurry, I personally suggest you to wait a bit longer. Who knows Yamato will release a 1/60 low vis grey? If yes, the price for 1/48 counterpart will drop a bit more and some collectors may sell their 1/48 keeping and switch to the new line (although I personally will not, 1/48 to me is the perfect size).

Hope it helps you out.

I want to say I got mine for about $120 or so, each from HLJ.... It's definitely a seller's market, though.
Edited by gwfalcon

I'm talking the original light grey one that came out when Zero was still only on the first or second ep. It was right before the dollar started tanking IIRC.

Uxi is correct. Low vis 1 did not initially sell well and was price cut. As soon as that happened people snatched them all up and the Demand and price skyrocketed.

yup, I remember pretty much everyone had them on sale, trying to dump their stock. Then one day they exploded and everyone wanted one. I'm still meh on it though, I don't care for the cotton ball camo at all.