MEGAHOUSE Mikuru Asahina Maid Ver. Doll

Shaorin

My little Mikuru♥

(from the Anime/Novel series "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")

she is by "MEGAHOUSE CORP."

she is based off an "Obitsu" brand body, and those bodies are designed to be "hot-swappable"

with various sizes of bust pieces, among other things.

i've always wanted an Anime Maid, always keeping a hopeful eye out,

for some company to get around to putting out a "Mahoro" doll

(from the Manga/Anime series "MAHOROMATIC")

well, that never happened, but that's okay,

as Sweet little Miku♥ here more than makes up for that...

(i made numerous modifications to her clothing. you can get a rundown of them on my DEVIANT ART page: http://shaorin-chan.deviantart.com/ )

MyMikuru1.jpg

MyMikuru7a.jpg

MyMikuru6a.jpg

MyMikuru5a.jpg

I'm personally a big fan of the Combat Waitress outfit. I love my Revoltech Fraulein Asahina :) The maid outfit is my least favorite - but it's still nice :) You need to give her some tea and porcelen :)

But generally I admire your enthusiasm!

Pete

The sculpt on the face for both Figma and Revoltech is better - here I think the focus was on clothing being made of real cloth though? I dunno... But it's kind of like the titanic Minmey doll from Yamato - we have some members who are into a more traditional doll look for anime girls. I think it's interesting.

Pete

The sculpt on the face for both Figma and Revoltech is better - here I think the focus was on clothing being made of real cloth though? I dunno... But it's kind of like the titanic Minmey doll from Yamato - we have some members who are into a more traditional doll look for anime girls. I think it's interesting.

Pete

take a look at the back of the box here; the prototype has a nicer facial sculpt. spot-on, as far as my eyes are concerned...

My_Little_Mikuru_8_by_Shaorin_Chan.jpg

Hm. You're right. So it was just a case of your photos being poor :)

But that does look good. And the props - Nagato's glasses even. Does Megahouse make other poseable dolls like this? I would prefer them to static statues...althoough I guess this one works very well because the dress is long so you don't see the joints unless you undress her.

Pete

Hm. You're right. So it was just a case of your photos being poor :)

Pete

no, the photos were taken with a NIKON D5000 DSLR. they're accurate.

for some reason, there is a distinct difference between the prototype's face

and the face of my production sample. her little face is still very Cute♥

just not as accurate in appearance as that prototype.

damn, i really thought that, being well into the 21st century now, with CAD/CAM design for EVERYTHING these days and all,

that production discrepancies like that were a thing of the past.

oh well, like i said, her little face is still very, very Cute♥

and i'm very thankful to have her...

• 1 year later...

as i have stated somewhere here on MW in the past, i've never seen the Suzumiya Anime past Ep.1.

while i'm heavily considering getting the complete collections, i'm honestly not

so sure that the series' alleged "Zaniness" would appeal all that much to me.

still, i'm finding myself ever more compelled to give the series a shot, all on the strength

of one darling sweet little lady;

DSC_2686.jpg

yes, i ♥Love♥ Miss Mikuru Asahina!! i haven't really seen her series at all, but nevertheless,

the moment i had first seen her, back around the series' debut, 2005/2006ish, probably in an issue of NEWTYPE USA (R.I.P.)

it was an undeniable Love♥ at first sight.

several years on, i finally get an internet connection (*Embarrassing*) and go looking for the Mikuru Figma,

and happen instead across the MegaHouse Mikuru doll that i now have.

oh, my GOD!! i HAD to have her♥ she was everything i had truly wanted, but had ended up settling on the Figma for,

not realizing that a doll of her had even existed! when i got her, i was taken to heaven above. still i had one little problem;

:ph34r: her GINORMOUS melons!! :ph34r:

:blink: i must be the only man on earth that actually DISLIKES "Z" cups on a woman, god save my soul... :blink:

i found, however, that Mikuru's body was made by OBITSU corp. and that they made stock doll bodies for hobbyists.

i was elated to find and order a body with smaller, "M" size breasts in Mikuru's skin tone.

the results are shown above.

as a long time doll hobbyist, i found that Mikuru's lingerie wasn't quite as "finished" as i thought it should be,

so i added lace trim to the bra and panties, as well as made her a pair of frilly socks and a coordinated garter.

all of which can also be seen in the above photos.

i ♥Love♥ my precious little princess, and i'm planning to make several outfits for her, starting with a japanese

elementary schoolgirl uniform (white red and dark royal blue) a wedding dress, and possibly also a copy of

Lynn Minmay's concert costume seen at the climax of MACROSS; D.Y.R.L.

at any rate, i'll be rather busy... ^_^

just recently got the 2006 MegaHouse doll of Hazuki from the "Tsukuyomi MOON PHASE" Anime T.V. series,

and decided that her dress might look cute on Lady Mikuru♥

DSC_2745.jpg

DSC_2758.jpg

MagicalNyanNyanPrincessMikuruORIGINAL8.jpg

and the Victorian-era undergarments (Chemise/Camisole and Bloomers)

that she wears underneath;

MagicalNyanNyanPrincessMikuru1.jpg

and here's Miss Hazuki.

i replaced the silly vinyl "boots" MegaHouse provided

that are supposed to approximate the ballet style ankle-ribbon slippers

that Hazuki wears, with actual slippers;

148143352_o.jpg

MissHazuki1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

just got these for my Mikuru♥

a pair of Japanese Schoolgirl Slippers for the Schoolgirl uniform i just completed

for my MegaHouse Mikuru Asahina doll;

(from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")

MikuruAsahinasSchoolgirlSlippers.jpg

MyLittleMikuru.png

♥and here she is♥

SchoolgirlMikuru1.jpg

"Kyaa!! my Panties!! Waahh!! tu-hu-hu..."

( "tu-hu-hu" the Japanese equivalent of "boo-hoo-hoo" yes, i'm being a "Weeaboo". ASK ME IF I CARE. )

SchoolgirlMikuru4ohnomypanties.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

I like the cat-dress; although I still say Mikuru's legs are way too long. She's not Angelina Jolie. She's got shorter, firmer legs. Or at the very least - a much bigger butt :-)

As for the school uniform... I dunno. It's too baggy - a couple sizes too big. Although I guess getting the right size clothes for dolls is hard :-)

Pete

(fellow Mikuru fan - albeit Figma dedicated)

I like the cat-dress; although I still say Mikuru's legs are way too long. She's not Angelina Jolie. She's got shorter, firmer legs. Or at the very least - a much bigger butt :-)

As for the school uniform... I dunno. It's too baggy - a couple sizes too big. Although I guess getting the right size clothes for dolls is hard :-)

Pete

(fellow Mikuru fan - albeit Figma dedicated)

well, actually, the Middy Blouse of this style of japanese schoolgirl uniform is supposed to be loose-fitting.

i DID, however, take a bit of liberty with the sleeves, making them a bit fuller than they're supposed to be.

a personal preference.

and yes, her generic OBITSU body is inaccurate. however, that does not seem to bother me at all, DESPITE the fact

that i've seen and collected TONS of Mikuru official art, fan art, and screen caps,

making myself in the process quite familiar with Mikuru's canon physiognomy...

Edited by Shaorin

• 2 years later...