concerts

uce

Japanese don't record their concerts? O_o

No, as a general rul all recordings are strictly prohibitted and there are bag checks and metal detectors at the entrance of most concert venues.

Some small bands/events openly allow recordings, but these are the exceptions rather than the rule.

As far as anime events/concerts are concerned, due to licensing issues and the fact that often the venues are just tiny, DVDs/CDs usually arent released. Among the fan community in Japan this makes such events premium commodities - the hardcore go and they pay through the nose for it (most anime concert tickets being initially available only to fanclub members or through random draws) but are happy to do so because as a general rule they know they are getting an experience that no-one else will since it isnt being recorded.

Theres a Mac F Concert DVD coming out on Oct 30 (or in Nov for the Bluray). If you are interested, why not actually BUY it and show some support for similar products in the future?

No, as a general rul all recordings are strictly prohibitted and there are bag checks and metal detectors at the entrance of most concert venues.

Some small bands/events openly allow recordings, but these are the exceptions rather than the rule.

As far as anime events/concerts are concerned, due to licensing issues and the fact that often the venues are just tiny, DVDs/CDs usually arent released. Among the fan community in Japan this makes such events premium commodities - the hardcore go and they pay through the nose for it (most anime concert tickets being initially available only to fanclub members or through random draws) but are happy to do so because as a general rule they know they are getting an experience that no-one else will since it isnt being recorded.

Theres a Mac F Concert DVD coming out on Oct 30 (or in Nov for the Bluray). If you are interested, why not actually BUY it and show some support for similar products in the future?

i might but its 80 on play asia dont know about anywhere else yet but i did buy muf for psp and maf both great games

Heheh, this is starting to sound like something familiar. I can't quite make it out but I think this is heading in a direction we have all been before.

I think I'll leave it at that, this topic might go nowhere but if it launches another ethics debate I'm just going to sit by an not saying anything this time.

Heheh, this is starting to sound like something familiar. I can't quite make it out but I think this is heading in a direction we have all been before.

I think I'll leave it at that, this topic might go nowhere but if it launches another ethics debate I'm just going to sit by an not saying anything this time.

Ahahaha, no Dex, I'm not going there this time. I made a suggestion and am leaving it at that. Even though I did import Firebomber CDs at full Japanese prices back in the day whith money from a paper route...no I wont go there. Sorry^^;

I wont argue that the Mac F concert DVD is expensive even by Japanese standards. Having said that, my feelings about people torrenting this stuff are already well documented elsewhere.

Fingers crossed they make a recording of next weeks Crossover Live though. I so cant wait to hear Iijima and Fukuyama Live.

Ahahaha, no Dex, I'm not going there this time. I made a suggestion and am leaving it at that. Even though I did import Firebomber CDs at full Japanese prices back in the day whith money from a paper route...no I wont go there. Sorry^^;

I wont argue that the Mac F concert DVD is expensive even by Japanese standards. Having said that, my feelings about people torrenting this stuff are already well documented elsewhere.

Fingers crossed they make a recording of next weeks Crossover Live though. I so cant wait to hear Iijima and Fukuyama Live.

That would be quite awesome indeed.