OMFG @ Macross II songs!!!!!!!!!&#

isamu

I haven't listened to my Macross song collection soundtrack in AGES so I popped it in and remembered how amazing the songs from Macross were. But what was even more amazing was how I had forgotten how incredible the songs from Macross II are. Are you kidding me? Mari Ijima's songs from DYRL are incredible no doubt....but Hiroko Kasahara's songs from Macross II are nothing short of MAGNIFICANT!!!!!! I can't believe how how little attaention Macross II's soundtrack gets. It's way way waaaaaay underrated, and is better than even some of Yoko Kanno's sountracks.

I can't believe how how little attaention Macross II's soundtrack gets. It's way way waaaaaay underrated, and is better than even some of Yoko Kanno's sountracks.

I like MII songs much more than Minmei and Shery+Ranka ones, and I also think that II has a great soundtrack. It can't beat Kanno's instrumentals or Fire Bomber's songs, though. B))

I haven't listened to my Macross song collection soundtrack in AGES so I popped it in and remembered how amazing the songs from Macross were. But what was even more amazing was how I had forgotten how incredible the songs from Macross II are. Are you kidding me? Mari Ijima's songs from DYRL are incredible no doubt....but Hiroko Kasahara's songs from Macross II are nothing short of MAGNIFICANT!!!!!! I can't believe how how little attaention Macross II's soundtrack gets. It's way way waaaaaay underrated, and is better than even some of Yoko Kanno's sountracks.

the songs are pretty good, you could catch a few of them, or at least different takes on them, in macross 7. especially when they introduce the jamming birds.

There is a lot of great music from Macross II. I don't know how many of you are into instrumentals/BGM tracks...but some of my favorites are (in no particular order) Futari, Kizuna, Ark of Alus, Tsubasa, and Kyoukou Toppa. All but Ark of Alus can be found on OST Vol. 2.

As for lyrical tracks (again in no particular order): Banana Moon Love, Soko ni Aru no ga Mirai dakara (a track that never made it into the film unfortunately), Anata o Kanjite-iru - Mia Santi Ren (a very beautiful a cappella), and of course Mou Ichido - Love You.

The music is what really sealed the deal for me with my love of Macross II. Anyway...if none of you have heard any or all of those tracks in full...I highly recommend them all.

Edit: I did not know the Japanese translation for Banana Moon Love was Koi no Banana Moon. I'm gonna have to update the name of the track now. Thanks Brand!

Edited by Oihan