Crayon Shin-chan Creator Dead

areaseven

Yoshito Usui, creator of the popular manga/anime Crayon Shin-chan was declared missing early this month after he went out on a hiking trip and did not return home. Today, after discovering a body that fell 120 meters off a cliff, authorities have identified the body as that of Usui. Based on photographs stored in his camera, Usui may have accidentally fallen to his death.

Futabasha announced that Usui submitted two more chapters of Crayon Shin-chan and the manga will continue its run until November. The fate of the anime, however, is unknown.

Many condolences to his family and fans.

R.I.P. Yoshito Usui (1958-2009)

I hate to say I wasn't too impressed with Shin Chan. The animation looked ameteurish.

It aslo didn't help matters any Cartoon Network aired it as part of it's Sunday's "Crap Block".

You sound rather blasé about a guy falling to his death.

I wasn't a huge fan of Shin-chan, but I liked it. I'm sorry he had to go like this. :(

I hate to say I wasn't too impressed with Shin Chan. The animation looked ameteurish.

It aslo didn't help matters any Cartoon Network aired it as part of it's Sunday's "Crap Block".

Shin Chan's animation looks that way because it is meant to do so; the Manga also looks the same. It's a sitcom about the lives of "normal" Japanese family seen from the eyes of a mischievous, but good hearted, little 5 year old (hence the stylized and kiddy looking drawings). The series wasn’t made to please people that want animation that looks “profesionalish”.

The series sometimes strikes comedy genius when it deals about the relation and day to day life of Shin-chan, his baby sister and their parents. Latter episodes get on the boring/repetitive side because they focus too much on stories with just the kids and their fantasies and potty humour (still, it is a looong running anime and everything that gets too longs starts to jump the shark).

Don't know what CN shows but it's probably censored. Here is Spain Shin-chan caused one hell of a controversy because the retards that aired the show thought it was a kiddy show for 5 year olds and showed it on early morning time slots. Result: little kids where showing their asses while dancing, drawing little elephant ears on their dongs, and such other things that the Shin-chan does on the show. Later, when the free publicity made the series a hit, it was bought by another network and moved to a more appropriate time slot.

Feared the worst when I heard Usui went missing. Very sad to hear he has passed away. Had some great time with the series; it was also one of the very few animated shows that my wife watched with me.

I thought the show was funny. The CN version was changed to make the dialogue more up to date but they pretty much didn't change much of the content. They still had dildor and other non kid friendly things hence why the show was only on late late night. Sad to hear about his passing.

Shin Chan's animation looks that way because it is meant to do so; the Manga also looks the same. It's a sitcom about the lives of "normal" Japanese family seen from the eyes of a mischievous, but good hearted, little 5 year old (hence the stylized and kiddy looking drawings). The series wasn’t made to please people that want animation that looks “profesionalish”.

The series sometimes strikes comedy genius when it deals about the relation and day to day life of Shin-chan, his baby sister and their parents. Latter episodes get on the boring/repetitive side because they focus too much on stories with just the kids and their fantasies and potty humour (still, it is a looong running anime and everything that gets too longs starts to jump the shark).

Don't know what CN shows but it's probably censored. Here is Spain Shin-chan caused one hell of a controversy because the retards that aired the show thought it was a kiddy show for 5 year olds and showed it on early morning time slots. Result: little kids where showing their asses while dancing, drawing little elephant ears on their dongs, and such other things that the Shin-chan does on the show. Later, when the free publicity made the series a hit, it was bought by another network and moved to a more appropriate time slot.

Feared the worst when I heard Usui went missing. Very sad to hear he has passed away. Had some great time with the series; it was also one of the very few animated shows that my wife watched with me.

I think CN removed the parts of full frontal nudity. Don't quote me, since I haven't really seen the show.