macross music in non macross productions?

obakesan

The wife is watching a Hong Kong movie, one of those comedy gambler films (like god of gamblers) that were popular in the 90's. Well, anyway, listening to it in the background they seemed to have pinched some tunes from Macross for their soundtrack. Mind you I suppose a lot of HK films borrow various music from here and there.

Asked here the title of the movie, but she is not sure, will try to find out if I can.

EDIT: ok, looks like it is God of Gamblers III: Back to Shanghai

Still, gave me a smile hearing familiar cues. :)

Checking the Macross Complete CD, I can hear the following tracks: "Yearning", "Launching Ceremony", "Love Drifts Away"

lol. I wonder if the director or something was a Macross fan?

Anyone experience any other Macross music in non Macross productions?

Cheers,

Edited by obakesan

They used some triumphant track from MacF on Japanese TV when Obama was elected.

I remember you mentioning that at the time...and I remember thinking it was weird, since there was also the toy store mixup that had the 1/72 Ozma VF-25S model kit listed as the "Obama" VF-25S, and then there was that version of "What 'bout my star" that someone made called "Obama Star"...

Something was in the air, I guess...

• 4 weeks later...
I remember you mentioning that at the time...and I remember thinking it was weird, since there was also the toy store mixup that had the 1/72 Ozma VF-25S model kit listed as the "Obama" VF-25S, and then there was that version of "What 'bout my star" that someone made called "Obama Star"...

Something was in the air, I guess...

Of course who wouldn't want to buy the "Obama" VF-25S Messiah model kit?

I am not an adult! I am the President! :lol: