Yamato YF-19 Double Nuts vs Older rev

Loop

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I was really wanting to order the Isamu version of this Valkyrie , but when I read about all the problems that people were having with them I got turned off.

The 25th anniversary model came out and I could not stand the paint. I like the black sorta but the gold trim killed it for me, and I could not tell if any of the problems were fixed.

Now they release the 2 new paint schemes: 1/60 YF-19 Prototype Unit No.4 Double Nuts & 1/60 YF-19 Prototype Unit No.3 Bird of Prey. I was looking at these on HLJ and noticed in the description that it says:

An improvement over Yamato's 2006-released YF-19, this offering features revised transformation and movable joints to allow for smoother transformation and pose ability.

Using Google translate I found this information on the Yamato site about QC:

"Inspection standards came into the world by far produced several "1 / 60 YF-19" is reviewing the standard factory inspection of the launch of this combined form, is also the best joint deformity and mobility, implementation and verification of where the parts fit. 精度が上がっています! Accuracy is up!"

Source:Yamato Japan

I took it that they are saying that since they have already built the YF-19 before(earlier revisions) they have upped the QC quality on this unit and redesigned or improved the joints on this unit and are also verifying that the parts are fitting correctly.

Has anyone bought one to verify this? I am really wanting a few of the Yamato 1/60th scale valks. I really wanted to have the Isamu edition YF-19 and the Guld edition YF-21, but will take the new doublenuts version over the Isamu paint if its a better model and does not have the major problems of the last revisions.

I need input on this as I am wanting to start a Valkyrie collection and would really like to start with these two.

i kinda find it weird to start your M+ collection w/ a non-canon valk, but it could just be me.

anyways, there was a recent re-issue of the YF-19 Isamu ver. that was released 1-2 months ago, before these repaints came out. mr. chogokin did a quick review on it... iirc it's on the same thread as what David posted. EDIT - page 20

i'm not entirely sure, but what Graham and ff95gj said about the repaints is basically what mr. chogokin said in his review on the re-issue. and based on their pics, all three still exhibit the same gaps in f-mode.

hope this helps...

Edited by m0n5t3r