re: 1/60 vf-1s strike and regular

kp_assman

I gots a quick question. I've been collecting the yamato 1/60 line since the vf-1a hikaru first came out... 2 years ago?

anyway, i picked up the vf-1s roy immediately like almost all of you did and never even bothered with the strike version. I know it's way too late but i was wondering if there were any differences... thanks yo!

fae5032e.gif

Edited by kp_assman

Yes, there is a DYRL Roy pilot. The Strike VF-1S also icludes the ducting behind the intake (introduced in the VF-1A CF) that fills in that ugly a$$ gap in GERWALK mode that is so prominent on the first 3 1/60 releases. Other than that, as mentioned before, it has all the proper attachment holes and slots for the armor bits.

Everybody forgot the retractable handle so the gunpod could sit much more closely to the fighter.

In addition to what everybody else has said, the hips may be tighter, to support the weight of the FAST packs when they're on the fighter.

If you love Roy's VF-1S and you don't want to spring for/don't like the 1/48, the Strike is worth getting IMO (provided you dig the armor at all).

Yeah has all the improvements the Super valkyries got starting with the Hikaru and evolving to the golding gunpod. Had been holding off on the 1/60 Strike waiting for the "upgrade kits" but since those ain't gonna happen, will probably just get the Strike. <_

i don't suppose the head was fixed.. especially the antenna?????

as for the retractable handle...... there's a retractable handle?? it's only on the strike???

The retractible gunpod handle is featured on the Strike 1S, the Super Max and Millia, and the VF-1D. Also, while the VT-1 and VE-1 don't come with a gunpod, you can only attach the retractible version to them.