Need help with meshing CG valk to real world pictures

Thai Boxer 9901

So just like the title says...im having a hard time for some reason merging a cg valk into a real picture. I'll explain:

Im trying to get this picture...

For_MW_A004.jpg

Merged with this picture...

3567681284_bf8575f724_o.jpg

or

this picture...

MW_VF_1A_G.jpg

merged with this picture...

2156275012_5f40496dff_o.jpg

or

even this picture...

MW_VF_1A_O.jpg

merged into this picture...

3502493855_d8afe4f827_o.jpg

and to top it all off, these pictures...

MW_VF_1A_B.jpg

jus-2_5.jpg

So if someone could help me out and tell me how to do this or even take the time to do it themselves, both would be greatly appreciated. Its just that ive been trying for the past week to make these pictures merge together and make it seem life-like but it either looks like crap or just obviously fake. I apologize about the size of the pictures.

Photoshop. Careful masking. Color correction. And some serious relighting. The problem is, not all of those original renders have lighting that will match. No matter how well you mask the images, if there are shadows in the wrong direction, it's gonna look fake.

You'll want to try to blur things where they should be blurred due to both motion and depth of field. Add a little grain into the image. Stuff like that.

That first pic looks familiar. :)

None of those renders will work well with those pics. You'd need to adjust the lighting in the 3D file and re-render.

Also, that angle on the first render won't work. The viewpoint in the render is lower the the viewpoint from the cockpit.

The only pic that could work is the second one.

I'd love to have a go at it, but I'm too busy working on a project of my own.

BTW: Anyone got a Hi-res MAX file of a Regult lying around? :rolleyes:

So just like the title says...im having a hard time for some reason merging a cg valk into a real picture. I'll explain:

Im trying to get this picture...

For_MW_A004.jpg

Merged with this picture...

3567681284_bf8575f724_o.jpg

or

this picture...

MW_VF_1A_G.jpg

merged with this picture...

2156275012_5f40496dff_o.jpg

or

even this picture...

MW_VF_1A_O.jpg

merged into this picture...

3502493855_d8afe4f827_o.jpg

and to top it all off, these pictures...

MW_VF_1A_B.jpg

jus-2_5.jpg

So if someone could help me out and tell me how to do this or even take the time to do it themselves, both would be greatly appreciated. Its just that ive been trying for the past week to make these pictures merge together and make it seem life-like but it either looks like crap or just obviously fake. I apologize about the size of the pictures.

Are those the actual resolutions you plan to work with?

If so, it will be challenging.

The higher the resolution the easier it would be, since you will be able to shrink it down to a managable size later while still retaining the detail levels.

Also, work in Tiff or BMP format, not JPG. Tiff/BMP is lossless and any changes you make will still have the full resolution of the image, however the files will be large, so expect it. You can save it as a JPG when you are finished to reduce the final file size.

• 2 weeks later...