Halo Legends

wolfx

Unfortunately, although the stories themselves are canon, the same isn't necessarily true for the designs of the characters and equipment. They could very well change in Halo: Reach. I mean look at Cortana's various iterations; none of the designs resemble each other in any of the shorts. And Dr. Halsey is supposed to resemble Cortana. There's no telling what she might look like in an "official" design...

It's design rights, you can make a character design close to an original before that, but you can't make it identicle without having to pay for the licensing fees to the designer and company. In my opinion, Origins was probably the closest representation of the Cortana we've seen in the video games. However I felt that Halsey in Legends didn't come close to how she was described in Eric Nylund's Fall of Reach.

It didn't seem too out of place. In the novels I've read, I didn't remember them mentioning every single Spartan casualty.

Somewhere near the last quarter of the book they make mention that during the SPARTAN'S full deployment at the convenant war, only 3 Spartans had been killed in action aka MIA. In Legends and Reach, we have Sam, Daisy, Arthur and and one other from the package, then there was Cal in the babysitter. Not too mention there was another "Spartan" in homecoming as it was Daisy's friend who yet was wearing regular UNSC marine attire if I remember correctly. So I guess that would be 6 Spartans, and I believe there were 36 left after the Agumentations, 24 had survived in First Strike and then dwendled down as the story continued to Kelly, Will, Fred, John, Kurt and Lina

Then in Oynx Kelly, Fred and Halsey are stuck inside the dome, Will and Lina and Kurt were killed thus leaving it back to John as the last Spartan again.

Didn't I just say that earlier? :rolleyes:

Well you failed to mention they specifically state it in the interview on the extras disc B))

One of the other books (evolutions?) discusses general use power armour and specifically states it never really moved far beyond initial development due to power requirements. Essentially power tethers were necessary and obviously this isn't very desirable in a combat environment. They also gloss over how Spartan armour is derived from early power armour designs as well.