MacrossWorld Convention 2009 Fan Art Contest!!!

KiriK

Hi Everyone! I'm happy to announce we'll be having an art contest that EVERYONE on MacrossWorld can participate in. You can submit it to me via email at MWcon09@gmail.com and it will be entered into our art contest on Sunday, July 19 which will be judged by a select panel of art experts.

Brief rules are:

-Use 8.5" by 11" size canvas so we can print your artwork for display

-Drawn art only (can use any style of color, b&w, or computer generated)

-Original Macross Themed artwork

-Cannot be artwork previously used in any other contest

Deadline Extended to Saturday Thursday, July 18, 2009 at 8pm PST

That's it! Grand prize for this contest is a 1/8 Ranka Lee Monster Call girl figure donated by www.HobbyLinkJapan.com. Thank you HLJ for sponsoring this event!

Get cracking on those art pieces! I'll try to draw some stick figures but i'm sure you guys will blow me out of the water. =]

Edited by KiriK

Is anyone entering this contest? I'm hoping several MW artists will submit something for the con. You can win a prize and we'll ship it out to you and you don't even have to attend the con!

Deadline for submissions is tomorrow night at 8pm. Get working! Thanks

EXO also mentioned this in the MW Con thread:

Since we are going to print it out to display make sure that that it is scanned or executed at at least 300 dpi or 600 dpi for black and white. The usual web resolution of 72 dpi won't do. Thanks!

I wish I'd had seen this thread a week ago so I could whip something up for the con. I don't have anything I feel is worth submitting and I'm not going to make it down anyways... :(

well there's always next year.

I wish I'd had seen this thread a week ago so I could whip something up for the con. I don't have anything I feel is worth submitting and I'm not going to make it down anyways... :(

well there's always next year.

Just send something to show off. If it wins, it wins. You don't have to be there to collect your prize.

Could you guys whip something up if i extend the deadline? The actual contest is on Sunday afternoon, but i wanted them early so i can print them out and have them ready. I've received a few entries already, but am willing to extend the deadline to give you until Saturday evening to complete the drawing and submit it. I can print it Saturday night and have it ready for Sunday's judging.

Could you guys whip something up if i extend the deadline? The actual contest is on Sunday afternoon, but i wanted them early so i can print them out and have them ready. I've received a few entries already, but am willing to extend the deadline to give you until Saturday evening to complete the drawing and submit it. I can print it Saturday night and have it ready for Sunday's judging.

that would be nice.

Yes! We'll post all the artwork from the contest after the con

can we do more than one entry? I've got one thing I could send in now, but I've got at least one other thing I could finish (maybe)

can we do more than one entry? I've got one thing I could send in now, but I've got at least one other thing I could finish (maybe)

Good question. I think to be fair you can only select 1 entry to be submitted and judged, HOWEVER I would be more than happy to display multiple pieces of artwork from you at the con. =] Submit your other entry and afterwards let me know which one you want to enter officially.

thanks!

Check out all the cool FanArt Submissions from various MW Members. Congrats to Polidread for his Itano Circus Valk Girl!

Submitted by Polidread

ItanoCircusCitrus.jpg

Submitted by Temjin

vf_x36.jpg

Submitted by Grapetang

raramia1.jpg

Submitted by anime52K8

whathikarudoesntknowabouthiswife.jpg

Submitted by Akt-m

CONTEST2_2000dpi.jpg

Extra non judged entries from akt-m

CONTEST_MACROSS_AKT_M.jpg

POSTER1111.jpg

Just got around to scanning the sketches from our MW Con Live Art contest from Saturday! The contest rules were that contests were given only 20 minutes to draw their favorite Macross character or mecha AND include some sort of background. Everyone was given a 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper and a pencil only. We had a good number of participants and the winners were decided by fan vote from MW Con attendees after the contest. Congratulations to Mitch for winning 1st place, Daisuke for 2nd, and Ken Cho for 3rd!

Drawn by Mitch (1st place)

Sketch8.jpg

Drawn by Daisuke aka Maiden Japan (2nd place)

Sketch7.jpg

Drawn by Ken Cho (3rd place)

Sketch6.jpg

Drawn by Modineceaste

Sktech3.jpg

Drawn by Lance

Sketch11.jpg

Drawn by Miriya

Sketch10.jpg

Drawn by Gubaba

Sketch1.jpg

Drawn by Tom Bateman

Sketch2.jpg

Drawn by Tom Bateman?

Sketch9.jpg

Anonymous drawing

Sketch4.jpg

And last is a non entry drawing by UCLA JAC member Jessica!!!

Sketch5.jpg

This was a great contest and i'm glad so many people participated!

• 1 month later...