Minmay singing with SDF-1 background

macrossworks

ummm...the pic would have been pretty cool if Minmay was in-focus, rather than SDF-1's legs. :p

Next time, try standing back some and zoom in with the lens. FYI, all camera lenses have a minimum distance they can focus, i.e. the physical distance between you and the subject, typically 2-3 feet (60-90cm). Check your camera manual.

Next time, try standing back some and zoom in with the lens. FYI, all camera lenses have a minimum distance they can focus, i.e. the physical distance between you and the subject, typically 2-3 feet (60-90cm). Check your camera manual.

The focal length varies with aperture and lens length(if you have a zoom lens).

And it's always good to be able to focus manually.

Autofocus lacks any sense of aesthetics, or even a really reliable way to tell what the subject is. Never trust it.

Next time, try standing back some and zoom in with the lens.  FYI, all camera lenses have a minimum distance they can focus, i.e. the physical distance between you and the subject, typically 2-3 feet (60-90cm).  Check your camera manual.

Autofocus lacks any sense of aesthetics, or even a really reliable way to tell what the subject is. Never trust it.

Yeah I know. I didn't want to get technical with him, cuz I don't know his level of photography knowledge. Basically, I just wanted to tell him he was standing too close. :p

Next time, try standing back some and zoom in with the lens.  FYI, all camera lenses have a minimum distance they can focus, i.e. the physical distance between you and the subject, typically 2-3 feet (60-90cm).  Check your camera manual.

Yeah I know. I didn't want to get technical with him, cuz I don't know his level of photography knowledge. Basically, I just wanted to tell him he was standing too close. :p

Point made.

No, prob. all advised given-all taken :)

thanks..

I actually just bought a CASIO Digital Cam. on the same day..hehehe

so it was my 1st photo to say...still practising though..

Good position but i think i used the wrong setup..it was set to portrait(with some distances)..should be something else... can't find it in my Macross Manual for CASIO Dummies though.. :p

Nitrous-yup still waiting for yer photos.. :)

Oh yea, thanks..guys

Watch out, in a couple of days when I'm off from my work, i'll be uploading my collection, of course it's not that many though.... still, a MACROSS is a MACROSS!!

I just love the CMS Figures, too bad their head's keep falling off(the girls)

Can't wait for the other figures though...i wonder when...

By the way, i just got the K&M from my pal for bout USD35 for 5 pieces.

not bad , not bad.... this Macross is making me poorer :) hahaha

I actually just bought a CASIO Digital Cam. on the same day..hehehe

so it was my 1st photo to say...still practising though..

Good position but i think i used the wrong setup..it was set to portrait(with some distances)..should be something else...  can't find it in my Macross Manual for CASIO Dummies though.. :p

Cool. Hey, look for something called "Macro" setting (oh, the irony) on your camera. Sometimes, it will be designated with a picture of a flower on a button. Macro allows you to get really close to your subject. You've probably seen close-up photography of flowers, insects, etc...those were taken with "Macro" lenses.