Yamato toys SALE! at HLJ. Also, any review on the quality of the b

blacklotus

I thought you said you got yours?

I thought you meant the Fewture version.

The Mugen I got from HLJ sale doesn't come with the armor. It's a bit smaller than the original version; I put it next to my Roadbuster and it's about 1/4" shorter. The vehicle mode is a bit smaller also. It's got a good amount of diecast but not nearly as much as their Patlabor Ingrams. The toy's got an incredible amount of articulation, but because none of the flushed joints provide enough range like ball joints, poseability isn't as good as it could be.

Seriously the flight armor does not really add much to the combat calibur. The mugen calibur is basically the same and it has all the other accessories that the combat calibur have minus the armor and the cannon rifle. Only thing is I wish the CM's robot mode proportions is more or less like the Fewture version. 70% off the mugen is as good as it gets, but you're not missing much if you decide not to buy it.

Does it have any die-cast? Are the tires rubber? Is the weapon projectile? Is the head removable?

Also, in your review you said the retailer took off $25 bucks from shipping. Is it becuase your in Asia?

Last, you said: There's another company that's developing a Mugen Calibur of their own that'll be much more stylish and in-line with today's designs. So who is doing it and any test shots?

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Does it have any die-cast? Are the tires rubber? Is the weapon projectile? Is the head removable?

Also, in your review you said the retailer took off $25 bucks from shipping. Is it becuase your in Asia?

The diecast content is mostly on the lower half of the body (thighs and legs), it's probably less than 20% of the figure itself. As with most high end figures, the tires are rubber. The missile launcher is static, the missiles on the rack can't fit in it. HLJ reduced the price after I sent them email requesting that they send my Mugen and Defender separately. Instead they combined them as 2 small-packed SAL (saving shipping on both). The Defender came nicely packed in large bubble rap but the Mugen's box was slightly dented because it was just barely covered on all sides with the cardboard box box itself... to save $30 in total shipping, I'll take it.

Below are Fewture's Mugen test shots along with some info:

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/0318...n_mugen_calibur

Edited by D_Unit

Ahh.... so if I buy seperately its cheaper, ship wise? Thanks for the info. Now I'm debating about getting one.

I noticed a blue one too. Looks like a coat of new paint. Not familar with this cartoon, or was there?

http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65255

I think the best way to save on shipping is to directly contact them and put in a request. I tried buying separately but they combined them anyway, so I had to immediately email back to them. The still combined them in the end but at least they did it as small-packed SAL instead of one large-packed EMS (which would have been very costly).

As for the blue/green version; after reading their description, I supposed that it may have been in the cartoon. But gang man.. it's one ugly motha!

I'm thinking of getting 3 pcs, so I will shoot them an e-mail. Or just order seperately and e-mail them the request in the hope that HLJ would combine and use small-packed SAL.

That blue/green version looks pretty good to me. I'll wait until it goes on clearance. Btw, when will the other Mugen Cal be released and MSRP?

well, i finally received my order for the Hikky-1S plus FP-parts.

boy, do HLJ luv shipping it in two boxes:

hikki1ssep002.th.jpg hikki1ssep004.th.jpg

not really sure why they had to be shipped in two boxes since, well imho, they could've fit both in a single shippiing-box and saved me some additional shipping-fees or something:

hikki1ssep.th.jpg

oh, well. damage was $132.62 (damn shipping fees), but am still quite happy that i finally have the 1/60 Hikky-1S Strike for a lot less than the normal hlj/msrp.

Did you purchased them seperately on two different transactions? How long did SAL too before it reached the U.S.?

nope.

one transaction only.

I reckon SAL was the usual 10-days/-2-weeks for me, i.e. shipped on 6/18 per hlj, prolly arrived monday 6/29 and I picked it up today.

well, i finally received my order for the Hikky-1S plus FP-parts.

boy, do HLJ luv shipping it in two boxes:

hikki1ssep002.th.jpg hikki1ssep004.th.jpg

not really sure why they had to be shipped in two boxes since, well imho, they could've fit both in a single shippiing-box and saved me some additional shipping-fees or something:

hikki1ssep.th.jpg

oh, well. damage was $132.62 (damn shipping fees), but am still quite happy that i finally have the 1/60 Hikky-1S Strike for a lot less than the normal hlj/msrp.

You were lucky, treament....i don't know if its because of my complaints to HLJ about the dodgy shipping process and they did it in 2 boxes for you, but it is indeed better to have it both shipped seperately, as far as SAL is concerned.

Mine came in a slightly bigger box to fit both of them, and i had to pay double of what you were paying for shipping. *sigh* I complained to HLJ about this since it meant that I saved nothing from their sales and ended up paying more than i normally would.

I got 2 of my standard V2 in one box last month, the box is marked as C-4 which fits both boxes nicely without having to put in anything else. I don't like that idea because when it crushes, it won't have room to absorb the impact in other words ruin the box directly.