Megazone 23 - A Comprehensive Website?

This is pretty interesting stuff but I think the Cross Line Garland is an ugly piece of crap.

The bike or the robot mode?

I see it has the same arm transformation as the BGC pic I posted up above.

The robot mode is totally awful.

I don't see why you think so. I actually like the robot mode, and like how it's different from the other stuff on there. If anything, I don't like the cruiser riding position of the bike mode.

I don't see why you think so. I actually like the robot mode, and like how it's different from the other stuff on there. If anything, I don't like the cruiser riding position of the bike mode.

The robot has no feet, just wheels thing is really lame.

I do like the *slave ones, though they are mostly updates of Vanity City designs.

The robot has no feet, just wheels thing is really lame.

I do like the *slave ones, though they are mostly updates of Vanity City designs.

Well, I disagree, but clearly we just have different tastes. For me, I like it and it's different from the other designs. I like it for being on ONE Garland. Now, if they were doing that on all of them, then yeah, I'd agree with you.

I don't think I'm familiar with what you mean. Vanity City designs?

I don't think I'm familiar with what you mean. Vanity City designs?

Megazone 23 was originally supposed to be a TV series and went through a number of working titles including Vanity City and Omegazone 23. They had to change it to Megazone 23 at the last second due to some watch called Megazone or something like that. Because it was cut down to a single movie from a whole TV show a lot of the robots were shelved.

Megazone 23 was originally supposed to be a TV series and went through a number of working titles including Vanity City and Omegazone 23. They had to change it to Megazone 23 at the last second due to some watch called Megazone or something like that. Because it was cut down to a single movie from a whole TV show a lot of the robots were shelved.

I had heard about something like that being the case, but had never seen any designs for any additional robots, except for, if I remember correctly, a couple space versions of existing stuff.

I had heard about something like that being the case, but had never seen any designs for any additional robots, except for, if I remember correctly, a couple space versions of existing stuff.

There are a ton of preproduction robots in both the Artmic Design Works book and the Megazone 23 B-Club Special. I will try to scan some when I get a chance.

There are a ton of preproduction robots in both the Artmic Design Works book and the Megazone 23 B-Club Special. I will try to scan some when I get a chance.

That would be great. Thanks.

Here are the images.

I apologize if this is the wrong way to do it. Let me know and I will correct it.

Enjoy

Mond

PS does anyone know if this is available anywhere "Lark Mechanical Manual Vol. 2: Official Art of Megazone 23 Part 2"

I own the 1st one but would love to get this one either scanned or a hard copy

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Well, since they missed the 23rd anniversary, which would've been nice, since it's Megazone 23, maybe they could still put something out for the 25th in 2010?

In the AWO interview with Ishiguro he said they delayed the Megazone TV show because they didn't want to conflict with Macross Frontier. I guess this is confirmation that it's never going to happen, sadly.

Ishiguro had officially confirmed it was never going to happen at the Megazone 23rd anniversary event in early 2007. He didn't mention anything about MF because at the time BW wanted the production of MF to be kept a secret.

He also said at the same event it was changed from Omegazone23 because of fear of law suite from Omega watches which were popular in Japan at that time.

Not much was made for the Megazone23 reboot other than preliminary designs and a treatment for pitching the show. Ishiguro said it was turned down left and right because well it's not moe.

It's great he tried to go back but has since moved on to Titania not a moe show but it does cater to the BL girls of current Japan.

Here are the images.

I apologize if this is the wrong way to do it. Let me know and I will correct it.

Enjoy

Mond

PS does anyone know if this is available anywhere "Lark Mechanical Manual Vol. 2: Official Art of Megazone 23 Part 2"

Thank you so much sir! The supposed 'retcon' MZ23 looks great!

Ishiguro had officially confirmed it was never going to happen at the Megazone 23rd anniversary event in early 2007. He didn't mention anything about MF because at the time BW wanted the production of MF to be kept a secret.

He also said at the same event it was changed from Omegazone23 because of fear of law suite from Omega watches which were popular in Japan at that time.

Not much was made for the Megazone23 reboot other than preliminary designs and a treatment for pitching the show. Ishiguro said it was turned down left and right because well it's not moe.

It's great he tried to go back but has since moved on to Titania not a moe show but it does cater to the BL girls of current Japan.

So there's no hope at all? And I was actually getting really hopeful about this...

It'd be a retcon is if was supposed to be in the same continuity as the original series but changed things anyway, like how Megazone 23 III said Eve was originally a real person.

At any rate, I got my Yamato Proto Garland last night! It's way nicer than original Garland toy.

Here are the images.

Enjoy

Mond

*Update*

Bad news I was asked to remove the images but the good news is they hope to have it available in the US so please be so kind and purchase it when it is available I know I will

Who asked you to remove them?

What exactly will be available in the US, so we know what exactly to look for?

Who asked you to remove them?

What exactly will be available in the US, so we know what exactly to look for?

That would be me.

I sent the request on behalf of the doujinshi circle that created it. It is a doijinshi a fan puplished comic / fanzine. It was sold at Comiket and didn't even come close to selling out. So there are a few dojinshi exporters that are looking to carry it for online sales. Since it is still in stock the circle doesn't want high res scans of it online until they are out of the stock.

I sent the request on behalf of the doujinshi circle that created it. It is a doijinshi a fan puplished comic / fanzine. It was sold at Comiket and didn't even come close to selling out. So there are a few dojinshi exporters that are looking to carry it for online sales. Since it is still in stock the circle doesn't want high res scans of it online until they are out of the stock.

It's a doujinshi but managed to get pictures from the canned Megazone TV show and what looks like an interview with Ishiguro Noboru?

I'd love to buy a copy, that's for sure.

Well tell you what, I'm gonna update the site with scans from that in the same fashion I did for the books, cover and two pages and a description of what's in it. Can we nail down exactly what it is? Are those pics really from the canned Megazone show or is it just doujinshi?

That would be me.

Save,

Can you let us know when, where, and under what exact title it becomes available?

• 1 month later...
Save,

Can you let us know when, where, and under what exact title it becomes available?

It's available now at Over-Drive!

CG-TOG-MEZ-001_1.jpg

Megazone23 - Fesatival Times Vol.0 (Megazone23 23rd Aniversary Book)

Ginrai, thanks for uploading the podcast it worked.

Edited by Save

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got three new books in recent weeks (two settei books, one for Megazone 23 Part II, and the Animation Bikes book), as well as a donation of some sweet scans (original Japanese VHS tapes, some old magazines, et cetera), so I should be updating the site with that stuff when I get back from San Diego Comic Con.

So I just got three new books in recent weeks (two settei books, one for Megazone 23 Part II, and the Animation Bikes book), as well as a donation of some sweet scans (original Japanese VHS tapes, some old magazines, et cetera), so I should be updating the site with that stuff when I get back from San Diego Comic Con.

LOVE that Animation Bikes book.

It's definitely cool, but I wish it had bigger pictures.

I wish I could get a poster of the cover... or see more of Aramaki doing updated versions of the Garland and MOSPEADA bikes, like on the cover.