Help! How to cure my sv-51's floppiness?

geepogi

help!

my sv-51 is so floppy at the legs, at the thighs, to be more specific.

just a slight bump to her glass cage will send her gerwalk mode

to "squat" mode. is there anyway to tighten the joint at the thighs?

i see a screw at that location. just don't know if tightening or opening

it will do more harm than good.

anyway, anyone ever fixed their sv-51's?

TIA!

help!

my sv-51 is so floppy at the legs, at the thighs, to be more specific.

just a slight bump to her glass cage will send her gerwalk mode

to "squat" mode. is there anyway to tighten the joint at the thighs?

i see a screw at that location. just don't know if tightening or opening

it will do more harm than good.

anyway, anyone ever fixed their sv-51's?

TIA!

I've got the Nora, praised as the the "safe" SV-51, but my wings collapsed completely after a 2 or 3 gerwalk poses (never even posed it in battroid), that little peg that is supposed to make it straight in fighter mode enlarged the misaligned holes on the outer wings, so I've got a bat wing forever. I already sent a request to Overdrive for Yamato replacement wings and would really appreciate them and Yamato would care about a humble customer like me (the "toy" is worth like 200 bucks!!!). The request was sent almost 2 moths ago and still no reply. Basically the SV-51 toy was never the most solid of the Yamato valks and probably they gave up on it so I am on my own.

You seem to have a greater problem with yours...how many times did you transform or posed it? maybe you could still isolate the problem and use the superglue technique to increase tightness of joints involved? This didn't work for me on the wings though, so thighs/legs should be a greater challenge.

thanks for being so helpful guys! :lol:

seriously, i have only transformed it to gerwalk once.

battroid never. anyway, i am temporarily using the

stand to stabilise it. i used to pose it by itself but

everytime the display case was bumped, it's legs

will splay and it will fall over.

was thinking of applying nail polish to the joint.

Ah - that explains it.

Just use the stand and stop bumping its' display case.

I never stand it in battroid or gerwalk without the stand. It's like the YF-21 - yeah - sure - it can stand by itself - technically - but the reason Yamato provided a stand in the box (unlike with other figures where the stand is optional) is because it's extremely hard to keep it ballanced.

And don't bump the stand.

I would strongly recommend not using nail polish if the only problem - really - is that you don't use the stand and that you bump the shelf.

:)

Pete

...like the YF-21 - yeah - sure - it can stand by itself - technically - but the reason Yamato provided a stand in the box (unlike with other figures where the stand is optional) is because it's extremely hard to keep it ballanced.

:)

Pete

Only if you display the items in dynamic poses that throw off the center of gravity on the figure that it then tends to fall with the slightest tap. The YF-21 is pretty sturdy on it's own two feet without the use of any aids.

As a matter of fact I have my YF-21 on a makeshift shelf loaded with other mecha and wether I bump the shelf or not the YF-21 (and others) stay standing.

---------------------------------------------------------

geepogi,

If you can see if there is any other alternative like placing a small rubber disc inside the ball joint, or adding a small shim to increase friction. These can be removed in the future event that you need to replace the parts.

---------------------------------------------------------

geepogi,

If you can see if there is any other alternative like placing a small rubber disc inside the ball joint, or adding a small shim to increase friction. These can be removed in the future event that you need to replace the parts.

NB4M,

Thanks! Will try it when i find some time to operate. :lol: