Yamato 1/60 VF-1J Weathering Special

Project Phoenix

Does anyone know why Yamato never paints grey on the bezel around the visor of the VF-1J? I painted mine on the 1/48 the other day and it looks a hundred times better, both on the VF-1J SDFM and the DYRL (custom). Especially when the GBP-1S is atteched.

*NOTE TO SELF - Even if these end up in the bargain bins, they're still not worth it.

Any plans for a 1/60 Macross factory Ron? How about opening up shop on a real weathering factory? B))

Oooooo Excellent question my friend. How about it Ron. We all know your the tops when it comes to this.

Does anyone know why Yamato never paints grey on the bezel around the visor of the VF-1J? I painted mine on the 1/48 the other day and it looks a hundred times better, both on the VF-1J SDFM and the DYRL (custom). Especially when the GBP-1S is atteched.

*NOTE TO SELF - Even if these end up in the bargain bins, they're still not worth it.

I never even thought about it till now. Interesting point you got there. The bezel on the V.2 1/60 is white as well is it not? And what are you talking about with your note to self?

Any plans for a 1/60 Macross factory Ron? How about opening up shop on a real weathering factory? B))

I was just weathering the 1/60 VF-1D this weekend. Let me put some photos up when I get a chance. ^_^