Club-M 1/48 Ultimate Detail VF-1S Valkyrie

Neova

Hi all,

I'm new here.

The other day, I saw this model kit sitting in a shop's counter window but wasn't sure what it was. After looking up the kit from the main site, I was in awe at the level of detail from this kit. But the box of this kit was slightly different. It said Copy Cat Club M on the bottom right and cost around 360 USD. Is this worth getting?

I'm not a pro-modeler by any means but thought I might get it for the time when I feel I'm up for it. Any thoughts?

Welcome Neova! I wouldn't think of buying a knockoff, especially something that expensive. If you intend to buy a knockoff to just "screw around" with, or practice your modeling skills, buy it if it's only worth $30-40.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Blackaces,

I don't know since I did not ask them to open the kit. Would you like me to inspect the kit the next time I swing by the shop? Anything thing else you want to know about it? The kit was sealed with a plastic wrapper around it.

There was also a 1/100 Destroid Coversion Kit 01 for 130 USD there with parts to convert to two types of Destroid also sealed. The box was quite old looking but in relatively good condition.

Funny that I'm having a hard time finding Hasegawa's Strike Valkyries and Battroids yet these wondrous finds abound on my shopping expeditions :D

Edited by Neova

True, true. A copy of the 1/48 Strike is still expensive enough to learn the ropes of modelling on. Experimenting on an original kit is insane.

If you're getting one of these with a no sh!t dedication to improving your modelling skills then I guess it's cool to get one and put it away until the time's right.

I have one for sale. *shameless plug*

Check out my thread here.

It is a Blackaces Recast and is awesome. I just don't have time anymore with work and my wife wanting to have kids. Bills need to be paid! Anyhoo......

Metal landing gear is the way to go.

Laterz.........