Kings

I am interested to hear what everyone's take on this show is. At first I thought it was going to be rather cheesy but after watching the premier I am really looking forward to this.

I thought this show was pretty good. I've been looking forward to it for a while, they've had ads on every bus stop and phone booth in Manhattan for months.

A couple things I thought were interesting:

Apparently Gilboa doesn't have any tanks. And their idea of warfare is to sit in a WWI style trench, staring at the other guy's line of parked tanks.

I hope they go more into the history of the country. Were there kings before Silas? How did the city get ruined before it was rebuilt? Did he really have that one guy assassinated?

Hopefully it doesn't become a confused mess like Lost, or a stagnant mess like Heroes. I haven't even been watching the new seasons of either of those shows.

I am interested to hear what everyone's take on this show is. At first I thought it was going to be rather cheesy but after watching the premier I am really looking forward to this.

After I watched the show it was the first time in my life I have ever used the word bushwa in a sentence.

Thank god George Washington had the sense to not make himself a king.

Is Gilboa supposed to be in North America.

Edited by miles316

Reviews for the show have been good but the ratings tanked? WTF?

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/kings-nbc-p...re-ratings.html

I was really excited for this show and ended up just forgetting to watch it because I was playing SF IV. Oops. I had to watch it on Hulu yesterday.

And the city of Shiloh is basically New York, with some extra buildings CG'd in to make it less obvious.

I went and re watched the beginning of Kings to see what the minister of energy did to piss off the King and he simply reminded him that they don't negotiate for hostages, but later the Reverend confronted the King about how he had ordered the military to withdrawal the air support.

Was the king trying to get his son killed so he could replace him with his straight illegitimate son and punching out the messenger was a cover, and thought that the energy minister might become suspicious that is why King had him illuminated.

I was really excited for this show and ended up just forgetting to watch it because I was playing SF IV. Oops. I had to watch it on Hulu yesterday.

And the city of Shiloh is basically New York, with some extra buildings CG'd in to make it less obvious.

I missed it too. My DVR went wonky on me.

I went and re watched the beginning of Kings to see what the minister of energy did to piss off the King and he simply reminded him that they don't negotiate for hostages, but later the Reverend confronted the King about how he had ordered the military to withdrawal the air support.

Was the king trying to get his son killed so he could replace him with his straight illegitimate son and punching out the messenger was a cover, and thought that the energy minister might become suspicious that is why King had him illuminated.

He wanted air support cancelled because he wanted a rallypoint for public support of larger strikes. He didn't seem to realize until it was too late that it was his son's company that was caught.

Although I do like the biblical influence, but I hope that if the creators want to use those themes they don't try to clash with the same values the Bible holds. I think that hurt Eli Stone alot.

Reviews for the show have been good but the ratings tanked? WTF?

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/kings-nbc-p...re-ratings.html

I got confused by the ads, which I didn't like in the first place. Instead of giving you a feel of the world, they just kept trying to get the point across that in this world kings hold the political power. I said it too on the BSG threads, do these advertisers never watch the shows they're supposed to be selling?

But I did see it on NBC's website and it looks like it has potential. I like how you are kinda in the dark as to even how this world is shaped much less what's influencing it. Like alot of other Sci-Fi/anime you're just thrown into it.