aluminum foil shine trick

Valkyrie addict

hello, I've been searching the web for it but can't seem to find it, there's a trick you can do with aluminum foil applying it to a surface giving it a shiny effect, it's popular on classic car modelling to attain that silver shine effect on bumpers

I once saw a good article of it a long time ago on the web and now that I need it I can't seem to find it...if anyone can help on this, thanks! :wacko:

hello, I've been searching the web for it but can't seem to find it, there's a trick you can do with aluminum foil applying it to a surface giving it a shiny effect, it's popular on classic car modelling to attain that silver shine effect on bumpers

I once saw a good article of it a long time ago on the web and now that I need it I can't seem to find it...if anyone can help on this, thanks! :wacko:

Try my source:

Bare Metal Foil

I would use this when I was making automobile models.

• 2 weeks later...

i have another source for you

there is a product out called Microscale or Superscale foil Adhesive. aluminum foil adhesive

here is a real good link on working the foil to your needs

http://www.naplak.com/articles/articles/foiling.htm

comes in a lil 1.5 oz. white bottle and can be either brushed on or sprayed on via airbrush or squirt bottle

the nice thing about this product is it goes on watery and dries tackey and clear ... so if you use regular household aluminum foil you can for the high gloss surfaces use the polished side and tacky the dull side or vise versus ..also once applied and properly burnished you can polish the aluminum foil to a mirror like finnish when completed

for an added trick if you want that burned metal coloration or the blues and greens and burnt red colors

toss the sheet of aluminum into your fireplace for a day or 2 and toss in a Creasote eliminator fireplace cleaning stick and the aluminum will turn colors blues greens oranges reds browns purples and violets depending on the exsposure and closeness to the creasote agent

then remove and wipe away the black smoke deposites to reveal the colored aluminum and re-apply in the above statement

it really adds a nice effect to burnt metal exhausts or engine access pannels

• 1 month later...