Harmony gold at it again?

transfan52

WTF is going on here?! There has to be some kind of conspiracy going on here for US based toy retailers to stop selling japanese macross figures or products altogether...

www.imageanime.com has recently stopped selling any japanese macross products or figures all of a sudden with no explanation given... What once was a list of japanese macross goods is now only a $hitty lineup of toynami robotech products sponsored by harmony gold...

Its funny that this happens all of a sudden when macross frontier comes out and appears to be making alot of money with the merchandise and all. HG never took any serious action of this kind before frontier came out... I guess they thought the older macross saga wasn't a big money maker anyway so they let US retailers do as they please...

This has to stop IMO if its true that legal pressure from HG is causing this problem something has to be done... There aren't many US toy retailers that sell macross goods in the first place and instead of these companies standing up for themselves they appear to be giving in to HG's demands....

I recently heard about threats of legal action from HG against bbts.com for selling the bandai macross frontier valks and although joel the owner of that website denies any claims that they have given into the threats and stopped selling japanese macross figures altogether. Recent activity of the website shows that they still haven't gotten any of the macross frontier preorder items that were by promised to be available by now... Not only that but it appears that bbts is also no longer getting any new shipments of macross yamato products as well...

I'm surprised nothing was said about this earlier... It seems like HG is desperate to get some income flowing with the way the global economy is and all, this bullying has to stop!

:angry:

Between HG and guys like Carl Macek who think they invented anime and are entitled to everything, they are a bunch of tools. Even the newer people of HG are just as bad. Instead of meeting half way or saying the truth, who gives a "%$%@!!" They feel that the USA is RT merchandise only.

They seem to think that anything that is Macross they own, they only own the rights to the original Macross TV series, not any others that I know of, but the moment it seems their shotty RT toys will loose out to superior MACROSS toys & kits, they have a sh_t fit!!

Total political BS!!!!!! I grew up with Robotech, but I turned in my loyalty badge ages ago cause of this stuff!!!!! :angry:

WTF is going on here?! There has to be some kind of conspiracy going on here for US based toy retailers to stop selling japanese macross figures or products altogether...

www.imageanime.com has recently stopped selling any japanese macross products or figures all of a sudden with no explanation given... What once was a list of japanese macross goods is now only a $hitty lineup of toynami robotech products sponsored by harmony gold...

Its funny that this happens all of a sudden when macross frontier comes out and appears to be making alot of money with the merchandise and all. HG never took any serious action of this kind before frontier came out... I guess they thought the older macross saga wasn't a big money maker anyway so they let US retailers do as they please...

This has to stop IMO if its true that legal pressure from HG is causing this problem something has to be done... There aren't many US toy retailers that sell macross goods in the first place and instead of these companies standing up for themselves they appear to be giving in to HG's demands....

I recently heard about threats of legal action from HG against bbts.com for selling the bandai macross frontier valks and although joel the owner of that website denies any claims that they have given into the threats and stopped selling japanese macross figures altogether. Recent activity of the website shows that they still haven't gotten any of the macross frontier preorder items that were by promised to be available by now... Not only that but it appears that bbts is also no longer getting any new shipments of macross yamato products as well...

I'm surprised nothing was said about this earlier... It seems like HG is desperate to get some income flowing with the way the global economy is and all, this bullying has to stop!

:angry:

that's f*&in stupid. i agree!