Wave SDF 1

Macette

So just the box art? Anything with the toy itself?

The colors are different on the model itself. The "Movie Version" is a darker blueish color, while the original "TV" version is a lighter gray color. That's just based on the pictures I've seen, I don't own either unfortunately.

Vostok 7

I've owned both. Both are the movie sculpt, but feature different paint jobs.

Version 1 was dark, shiny and blue. Colors not terribly accurate, but nice to look at nonetheless. Fans were just glad to finally get a movie-version SDF-1 toy. (Previous, vintage incarnations have all been TV-version SDF-1's IIRC).

Version 2 went a step further and gave the movie sculpt a matte, shaded paint scheme for improved anime-accuracy. Shifted palette away from blue, and more towards a military gray as well.

I sold my Version 1, and replaced with Version 2!

Edited by emerson

How's this for a reference? B))

IMG_1261.jpg

Pardon me on the noisy quality of this pic since it was taken on an old A80 Powershot.

And congrats on getting the v1, it is so rare in the market now.

I got the v2 first since it is more available. But after I saw the v1 pictures online, I was like, no way! I must have it! :D

Personally I like the v1 more than the v2, cos the glossy surface on the v1 really makes the toy shiny and stands out, giving it more of a behemoth-in-the-space feel. The movie color or v2 goes for a more realistic feel. It has more paint details on it so its good when you wanna take a closer look at it on a microscopic level :ph34r: (though it is already so tiny ^_^ )

Edited by hui