Completed Macross Re-fuelling Base Diorama/Playset

skonchboy

I'm still new to this so please forgive any errors.

Ok, here it is folks - my completed Diorama/playset for 1/144 -1/100 models. Made with Foamcore using stickers made using Photoshop.

I wanted something to show the models, plus my kids love playing with them - my sets usually last a while before being destroyed by aliens, but hey, the fun's in the building them!

I might just add one more piece, when I get a sec but its now 4am and I'm ready for bed (yaaawwnnnn)! ^_^

Let me know what you think?

3248714873_df5eb5c4cd_b.jpg

3237924531_fa0101fb68_b.jpg

3248710681_26df322dd1_b.jpg

3237923881_51948ecee7_b.jpg

3253872063_25644b5fcb_b.jpg

The sticker sheets and a set of instructions are posted here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30029551@N06/...57612902647388/

Unfortunately, I couldn't do a Step-by-Step guide however, the main thing to remember when making these models is to fold stickers over the edges and make then overlap each other, so planning how you are going to place the decals is important, otherwise the edges start peeling away.

Any questions - drop me a line!

Edited by skonchboy

kids probably have a blast playing with that!

Let me tell you, I'd have a blast playing with that. Looks awesome! Probably worth just posting it in you other thread though, it's the same thing, isn't it?

Edited by PetarB

It looks great. I'm thinking you need to go one step further and make a model like and SDF-1, ARMD or oh, I don't know, a Daedalus! - MT

Ah yea! on my scale how big would they be? lol. I've been loking at your work, it's amazing, you are a craftsman on a completely different level.

My main problem is time and patience,I don't get too much time to build stuff due to work etc and I don't have the patience to make stuff over several weeks, so I wanted something that I can build in a night.

Thank you for looking at my megre work, I m not worthy! :rolleyes:

...My only qualm is still the lack of Macross feeling...

Can you make it in 1/48? :p

Re your qualm, using foamcore is fairly limiting, and my knowledge only spans the original Macross Saga episodes - I have used colours taken from stills taken from the Macross shows and although I have not copied anything directly, my influence has been the artwork and imagry taken from the Japanese Cartoon/Manga genre and not specifically Macross per se. I have also added my own creative touch as there is rarely much detail shown on buildings and backgrounds on the original Macross series.

The base can be used with scales up to 1/72, if you want to "up scale" it to 1/48th it would be huge however, you would simply need to use Photoshop or a similar program to cut and inlarge the decals. You would need to split certain stickers over 2 A4 sheets.

Skonch!

Re your qualm, using foamcore is fairly limiting, and my knowledge only spans the original Macross Saga episodes - I have used colours taken from stills taken from the Macross shows and although I have not copied anything directly, my influence has been the artwork and imagry taken from the Japanese Cartoon/Manga genre and not specifically Macross per se. I have also added my own creative touch as there is rarely much detail shown on buildings and backgrounds on the original Macross series.

The base can be used with scales up to 1/72, if you want to "up scale" it to 1/48th it would be huge however, you would simply need to use Photoshop or a similar program to cut and inlarge the decals. You would need to split certain stickers over 2 A4 sheets.

Skonch!

I think I'll stick to my papercraft. :) I'm free of your silly foamcore.

However, I need much more paper to support anything... :(

I think I'll stick to my papercraft. :) I'm free of your silly foamcore.

However, I need much more paper to support anything... :(

Rock blunts scissors.... foamcore bends paper. :p

I think the runway decal/stickers would be great to put below any 1/72 stuff for shelving displays.

Good work

Rock blunts scissors.... foamcore bends paper. :p

I think the runway decal/stickers would be great to put below any 1/72 stuff for shelving displays.

Good work

Thanks! I have used good old fashioned mounting board for the runway, so no foamcore there!