Bandai 1/72 VF-25S Ozma WIP

kyekye

The neodymium magnets have grade numbers which represents their strength.

Here is quick info from the vender I buy from.

Neodymium Magnet Physical Properties

N50 and 52 are pretty strong and should be enough to hold the macross parts. They need to be aligned correctly (position-wise) to maximize the pull force. I recommend using 1/8" ones for the most parts. small ones (1/16") are only used for supporting.

I've used them for my VF-25F (same position as VF-25S), and they worked great. ^_^

Just a quick check on the magnet you are getting is it D201-N52 - D201-N521/8" dia. x 1/32" thick? There are a lot of types on this and not too sure on 1/8" you are mentioning..

plan to get those magnet back in Malaysia and have a try on my kits...it's going cost a bomb getting it deliver back to Malaysia :wacko:

Just a quick check on the magnet you are getting is it D201-N52 - D201-N521/8" dia. x 1/32" thick? There are a lot of types on this and not too sure on 1/8" you are mentioning..

plan to get those magnet back in Malaysia and have a try on my kits...it's going cost a bomb getting it deliver back to Malaysia :wacko:

I'm using 'D21B-N52' for the most of parts.

• 1 month later...
waw really love the mods B))

i aslo have this kit, and i might try the mods shown here ^_^

anyway any upd8s for this ^_^

I put a hold on this because....

A: Bandai screwed up super pack by making it parts swap, not add-on. and this leads to my 2nd problem...

B: If they do the same for Armored pack, then most of my mod will be replaced by add-on/swap parts pack...

So, no progress until more details are announced for armored pack. Ozma gotta have his armored pack! Some of the new prototype images look bi#ching!!!

Also maybe some hobby magazine will show a super pack mod that can be added-on instead of parts swap. Maybe that will enlighten me! :blink:

BTW, I'm starting on my VF-25G Michael Custom with Super pack, so I'll start posting the WIP for that for the time being.

Sorry about that folks... :ph34r:

I put a hold on this because....

A: Bandai screwed up super pack by making it parts swap, not add-on. and this leads to my 2nd problem...

B: If they do the same for Armored pack, then most of my mod will be replaced by add-on/swap parts pack...

So, no progress until more details are announced for armored pack. Ozma gotta have his armored pack! Some of the new prototype images look bi#ching!!!

Also maybe some hobby magazine will show a super pack mod that can be added-on instead of parts swap. Maybe that will enlighten me! :blink:

BTW, I'm starting on my VF-25G Michael Custom with Super pack, so I'll start posting the WIP for that for the time being.

Sorry about that folks... :ph34r:

Well the Ozma Armoured seems to be a bundle and not standalone, so if you have a VF-25S kit you can just build it in clean (or Super) configuration.

Well the Ozma Armoured seems to be a bundle and not standalone, so if you have a VF-25S kit you can just build it in clean (or Super) configuration.

As of now, it seems like it. They still might release Armored Pack Only thou. <_<

Either way, I don't think I'll make 2 separate Ozma. Drilling those tiny holes isn't always fun... (Especially when you do that 4 times :ph34r: )

I have to agree! The way Bandai made the super packs is totally ass-backwards! It doesn't need to be so complicated, it was clearly an afterthought (and I don't think they put much thought into it at all!). It too has took the wind out of my sails for completing my kit recently. It looks like I might build one with the packs on permanently and one without the packs - its certainly not something that can be taken on and off at will. If I get time, I might look at the possibility of modifying them, but not in the near future (I still gotta finish my first VF-25F!!). In fact Bandai had made a lot of poor design decisions with this kit (it might look good in the end, but its a real pain to build properly). The stand hookup thingy in the aircraft mode is just totally stupid and again another afterthought... argh... don't get me started again... ;-(

On the other hand, if you consider the whole VF-25 toy line, with the DX toy that has detachable Super parts (and minimal partsforming), the 1/72 kit that requires extensive partsforming for Super packs, and the 1/100 line that probably will come with non-detachable Super/Armoured parts, I see this as a deliberate choice to differentiate their different product lines rather than an "Oops! We screwed up!" moment. Pretty smart of Bandai IMO.

• 1 year later...