Air Compressor Recommendations

Noyhauser

So I'm planning to buy an compressor for a Paache VL, but I'm really unsure what's best. Soo... I'd like to see what you all use. Personally I'd like to get the Senco P1010, but its not readily available in Canada. I'm not looking to break the bank, but I'm not looking for the cheapest possible either.

Amazon.com has the Senco PC1010 for $95 right now, but the currency conversion and shipping would probably make it more expensive than it should... I wish Amazon would still pricematch because I bought it for $107 =\

But if you have a Lowe's in Canada:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1134237

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...&lpage=none

I really don't know anything about the above particular brand of compressor though...

Edited by shiroikaze

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=95630

the cheapest i can find and includes everything you need. it works great i have one myself :)

I bought my first compressor from harbor freight, just about the same thing. the thing on it that looks like a moisture trap doesn't work all that well, and it lacks an adjustable pressure regulator. also without a tank, you'll get pressure drops and moisture will build up in the lines even after.

a compressor like that will be good of a small amount of work, but if you plan on doing a lot of painting, get something with a tank.

May I suggest you do a search as this has been done to death in the past :)

Thanks for your opinion, but I disagree. There's a scattering of posts about compressors, some helpful, but nobody has ever really asked what various people used. That would give me some sense of what I should be looking at, given my particular needs.

Instead of your reply, why don't you be helpful and just say what you have and if you like it?

Edited by Noyhauser

I've got a Campbell/Hausfeld 2 gallon (single tank) unit and it works great. I purchased a moisture trap for it too. The regulator means I can inflate my car's tires, children's bikes, or airbrush a model. DO GET a unit with a tank on it. I had a regular piston direct flow unit and they pulse with the piston strokes. And as was said, no regulator or moisture trap. Shop around! Mine works great, but the motor could wake the dead! I just let it run up, unplug it and use the tank's air (indoors). - MT

I've got a Campbell/Hausfeld 2 gallon (single tank) unit and it works great. I purchased a moisture trap for it too. The regulator means I can inflate my car's tires, children's bikes, or airbrush a model. DO GET a unit with a tank on it. I had a regular piston direct flow unit and they pulse with the piston strokes. And as was said, no regulator or moisture trap. Shop around! Mine works great, but the motor could wake the dead! I just let it run up, unplug it and use the tank's air (indoors). - MT

Sorry about hijacking the thread but noyhauser can benefit from this question too I guess,

Hey Mechtech, how much did your moisture trap cost? Could you recommend one? I was looking at this one from Amazon. What you think?

Edited by shiroikaze

I spent about $15. Not much, but it does the job. I haven't used that model, but I'd guess it's alright. As long as you can swap out the cartridge or drain it. The humidity where you live will ultimately decide. Keeping your tank drained of air/water after every use helps too!

Hopefully someone else has used the linked trap? - MT