Yamato Durability Test

VFTF1

Eugimon - that pic with your son is fantastic :)

Great looking kid; the expression on his face is priceless. Also, the size of the YF-21 in kiddie hands is ginormous :)

However- I generally gett he feeling from that picture that the kid wasn't very rough on the 21 :) He doesn't look like he'd be prone to doing anything dumb with it :)

Pete

Eugimon - that pic with your son is fantastic :)

Great looking kid; the expression on his face is priceless. Also, the size of the YF-21 in kiddie hands is ginormous :)

However- I generally gett he feeling from that picture that the kid wasn't very rough on the 21 :) He doesn't look like he'd be prone to doing anything dumb with it :)

Pete

thanks! he was a little over 2 when I took that pic and he is pretty good with it but it, if he sees me fiddling with it now he expects a turn, "Share valkie-airplane!". Mostly it involves him holding it and swinging it making swooshing noises while I have visions of him tossing it at a wall or something. :o

Edited by eugimon

thanks! he was a little over 2 when I took that pic and he is pretty good with it but it, if he sees me fiddling with it now he expects a turn, "Share valkie-airplane!". Mostly it involves him holding it and swinging it making swooshing noises while I have visions of him tossing it at a wall or something. :o

This is why I'm never having kids. :lol: I can't take that risk!

Well my stories aren't so happy. I had my first Yamato, my vf-1a Hikaru fell off a 6 foot bookshelf and the clip that holds the intake that attaches the leg to the fusalage of the fighter break off. now he can only be displayed in battaloid.

I also got my then 12 year old cousin the same valk for his Birthday (tried to get him hook, I failed, apperently pokemon have more appeal to kids back then then Macross valks did) well kids being kids, he managed to snap off both tailfins. but of my 12 valks, that's the only one that has taken a fall and or has ever had anything break.

I don't let her touch my Yammies, but my 2yr old daughter has been loving to play with the 1/55 reissue CF chunky monkey I got a while ago. She swooshes it around the room making engine noises in either mode (fighter or battroid) and loves turning the different parts and moving the legs :lol:

She's SO her daddies girl. Now whenever I play around with my Yammies she comes over and goes "OOOOOoooO!" while I transform them or pose them, and usually tries to steal away with the gunpod or other pieces I have laying around :lol:

Vostok 7

You guys are lucky. It took my dad years to get me into the idea of transforming giant robot planes. It'll probably be the same for me. (Although, maybe I can have sucess with this in the same way my dad did with me and Legos.)

Ooooh, my daughter LOOOOOOOOOOOVES LEGOs. She's always making off with my sets. She's been playing with the normal LEGOs since before she was "old enough" even for the DUPLOs. One time in a LEGO store she was playing with some of the bins of small parts they had around for kids to build things and play with, and people kept asking me if she was OK because she was so young :lol:

Vostok 7

Ooooh, my daughter LOOOOOOOOOOOVES LEGOs. She's always making off with my sets. She's been playing with the normal LEGOs since before she was "old enough" even for the DUPLOs. One time in a LEGO store she was playing with some of the bins of small parts they had around for kids to build things and play with, and people kept asking me if she was OK because she was so young :lol:

Vostok 7

nice! my kid is about 2 yrs and 8 months and he only now started making his own creations out of his duplo sets. I don't think he has the manual dexterity to do the normal sets are work with some of the smaller pieces.

nice! my kid is about 2 yrs and 8 months and he only now started making his own creations out of his duplo sets. I don't think he has the manual dexterity to do the normal sets are work with some of the smaller pieces.

When she as little as I was mentioning in my post she couldn't quite get stuff together or apart quite right, but now she can. She loves the little LEGO men the most :lol:

The biggest thing was she was always good about not putting the parts in her mouth!

Vostok 7

When she as little as I was mentioning in my post she couldn't quite get stuff together or apart quite right, but now she can. She loves the little LEGO men the most :lol:

The biggest thing was she was always good about not putting the parts in her mouth!

Vostok 7

yeah, thankfully my kid never really went through that oral fixation stage either! Okay, you have inspired me to get my box of legos from my parents place and play with them with the little guy.

yeah, thankfully my kid never really went through that oral fixation stage either! Okay, you have inspired me to get my box of legos from my parents place and play with them with the little guy.

:D My work here is done! *fades out like the quantum leap guy*

Vostok 7

Vostok 7

Yeah, I was about 1.5-2 when I started playing wit Duplo. By 2 and a half, I had my own, giant creator set, complete with the big bin-thingy (This was in 1997, mind you), and I still have the baseplates that came with it... I remember one time, when I was 4, I made a Taco Bell.... I don't know why, but I did. :) Maybe it was because my mom ate mostly Taco Bell when she was pregnant with me.

My current collection is from a lifetime of lego fanatacism. It's so big, I have to keep half in the garage...

Vostok, you're lucky you're near a Lego Store. In Texas, there are none, and the closest one's a 20 hour drive to Disney World... I plan on going to Lego Pick-a-brick online and ordering 100 of each brick they offer. :) If I do that, it'll only be a matter of time before I have a transforming 1/48 Koenig, similar, though larger than this one[/i], to complement my Yammies in the scale. :) I love lego... :needs drool: