The VF-0s, what happened to them?

Vostok 7

There actually IS a translation.

I was gonna say it's on the board, but I did a search and they were hosted off-site. The website is gone now, so...

It's a good thing I'm a packrat!

I'll upload it here.

Yes, I'm glad you're a packrat because I forgot to save that pdf. :D

Though there's one portion of that translation that confuses me.

Macross people could not get outside due to the heavy rains. Since their navigation had been poor they took nearly a year to land on Earth.

I'm pretty sure I get the first sentence, heavy toxic rain perhaps? But the second sentence just baffles me. Can any of our resident translators please clarify that? I've attached a scan of the original Japanese text.

post-221-1231549436_thumb.jpg

Yes, I'm glad you're a packrat because I forgot to save that pdf. :D

Though there's one portion of that translation that confuses me.

I'm pretty sure I get the first sentence, heavy toxic rain perhaps? But the second sentence just baffles me. Can any of our resident translators please clarify that? I've attached a scan of the original Japanese text.

The problem is that the "translation" isn't a translation, but rather a summary. There's a LOT left out, and I can't seem to locate that sentence in the book. I found the bit where it says that The girl named "Lynn Minmay sang," which should be beofre the "It took a year to land" sentence. I also found the "there were more than 79,000 Zentradi on earth" sentence, which should be after it, but I can't find that sentence itself. Now, I haven't gone through with a dictionary to look up unfamiliar kanji, but I know how to write "one month," "one year," and "heavy rain," so I've been looking for those, but I don't see them anywhere.

Maybe this should be my next translation project...?

The problem is that the "translation" isn't a translation, but rather a summary. There's a LOT left out, and I can't seem to locate that sentence in the book. I found the bit where it says that The girl named "Lynn Minmay sang," which should be beofre the "It took a year to land" sentence. I also found the "there were more than 79,000 Zentradi on earth" sentence, which should be after it, but I can't find that sentence itself. Now, I haven't gone through with a dictionary to look up unfamiliar kanji, but I know how to write "one month," "one year," and "heavy rain," so I've been looking for those, but I don't see them anywhere.

I thought it might have been just a summary and not a complete translation, thanks for taking the time to look through your book.

It would sure beat translating mechanical terminology, right? :D

The problem is that the "translation" isn't a translation, but rather a summary. There's a LOT left out, and I can't seem to locate that sentence in the book. <snip>

I'm already happy that there is a summary. But if you were to consider translating it that would be fantastic. Macross canon comes partly from books and video games and this seems to be a cornerstone article. But maybe it will end up (in revised form) in the chronology in Macross Chronicles?