Need to fix a couple things...

Vostok 7

Just got my VF-0A finally.

Has a small problem (other than a few loose joints that should touch up with some nail polish or something). One of the tail fins "overextends" and is too floppy. By overextending I mean the tiny little lip of a stop at the bottom has bent out of shape and now the fin falls towards the leg further than the other side (which is solid). How could one fix this? It's really loose too, just flops back and forth which would be easy to fix, but I'm at a loss on how to fix it falling the other way.

Then, on my 1/48 VF-1A (Low Viz II), when in Battroid mode, the back panel with the backpack clip falls backwards, especially when fast packs are mounted. There's NO tension in the joint at all. It locks in place in fighter mode just fine, though. How could I fix that?

Maybe I should just take the things apart on an exploratory mission and see what I can fix ^_^

Vostok 7

Just got my VF-0A finally.

Then, on my 1/48 VF-1A (Low Viz II), when in Battroid mode, the back panel with the backpack clip falls backwards, especially when fast packs are mounted. There's NO tension in the joint at all. It locks in place in fighter mode just fine, though. How could I fix that?

Maybe I should just take the things apart on an exploratory mission and see what I can fix ^_^

Vostok 7

Do you have the back panel pushed all the way in, when in battroid mode? There are two tabs that should secure it in place when the boosters are attached. The panel should be pushed just inside of these tabs. If not, then the panel will flop down when boosters are attached.

When the fastpacks are mounted - you're supposed to install that "chair" looking piece to secure the backpack. It comes with the super and strike parts and looks like a chair. Check out Graham's reviews/galleries in the toys section of the sight to see what it looks like/how to install it.

Without the fast packs - it should be secure on its' own. Are you nudging the back-panel that the backpack attaches to IN towards the body? If not - do so - you'll notice that it is made to go there - but you have to be careful doing it - there are two bulbose points it passes through to stay secure.

One of the tail fins "overextends" and is too floppy. By overextending I mean the tiny little lip of a stop at the bottom has bent out of shape and now the fin falls towards the leg further than the other side (which is solid). How could one fix this? It's really loose too, just flops back and forth which would be easy to fix, but I'm at a loss on how to fix it falling the other way.

How did that happen? If it's bent out of shape and therefore won't fold back in, then unfortunately you're screwed and the fin is just waiting to break off.

Sell it and buy a new VF-O hoping for a better model this time around (I did).

Pete

Do you have the back panel pushed all the way in, when in battroid mode? There are two tabs that should secure it in place when the boosters are attached. The panel should be pushed just inside of these tabs. If not, then the panel will flop down when boosters are attached.

I was wondering about that. Is it supposed to indent in slightly like on the VF-0s? That's probably my problem. I thought the hinge at the bottom was supposed to friction fit it.

When the fastpacks are mounted - you're supposed to install that "chair" looking piece to secure the backpack. It comes with the super and strike parts and looks like a chair. Check out Graham's reviews/galleries in the toys section of the sight to see what it looks like/how to install it.

Without the fast packs - it should be secure on its' own. Are you nudging the back-panel that the backpack attaches to IN towards the body? If not - do so - you'll notice that it is made to go there - but you have to be careful doing it - there are two bulbose points it passes through to stay secure.

How did that happen? If it's bent out of shape and therefore won't fold back in, then unfortunately you're screwed and the fin is just waiting to break off.

Sell it and buy a new VF-O hoping for a better model this time around (I did).

Pete

I thought the "chair" piece was just a filler to make it look more accurate or something, didn't realize it's a structural piece.

As for the VF-0, I hate to get rid of it and try to get another. This one was hard enough to get and they're getting scarce seems like. I think it's fixable. Worst case, I could try getting a replacement through Over-Drive or something.

I have to say, other than a slightly loose shoulder socket, this is the best VF-0 I've had for Battroid mode. It's only the fighter mode which is a little weird. Usually, most Yamato's I buy are strong in Fighter mode and suck in every other mode :lol:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

As for the VF-0, I hate to get rid of it and try to get another. This one was hard enough to get and they're getting scarce seems like. I think it's fixable. Worst case, I could try getting a replacement through Over-Drive or something.

Angolz has the Shin/Ghost set for $105 + shipping. Here.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0