Non-Transformable VF fighters, what is the best to look at?

GianS

Hi

I love the fighter mode of most Valkyries and was wondering if someone is doing a nice line of non-transformable fighter mode valks... I do want accurate profiles so I hope there is something out there like that.

I guess almost like pre-built and painted Hasegawa kits would be nice :)

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, there were those 15cm (something like that) die-cast metal kits... I think Graham and Shawn even have pitures up in the toys section of Maross World. I never looked at them closely, though - so I wouldn't know if they're super detailed or not...

Pete

Hi

I love the fighter mode of most Valkyries and was wondering if someone is doing a nice line of non-transformable fighter mode valks... I do want accurate profiles so I hope there is something out there like that.

I guess almost like pre-built and painted Hasegawa kits would be nice :)

Thanks!

Bandai's upcoming VF100s line may be up your alley. Check out the thread. It allows transforming via swapping parts but it's proportions in all modes (judging by the pre-production photos of the VF-25) are fantastic.

Other than that Wave is coming out sometime next year with a line of easy snap-together fighter-mode only 1/100 scale VF-1 kits.

Edited by Vifam7

If I recall correctly, there were those 15cm (something like that) die-cast metal kits... I think Graham and Shawn even have pitures up in the toys section of Maross World. I never looked at them closely, though - so I wouldn't know if they're super detailed or not...

Pete

Those were the diecast metal 1/144 scale VFs by Doyusha, released between 2001 and 2002. Pretty much the size of Hot Wheels cars, perhaps a little larger. Not too terribly detailed, but sculpts are fine, metal is nice/solid, and they come in collectible "jewel-box" cases.

Macross World has reviews on 3 of these here (http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_toys_doyusha.htm), but the complete list includes 7 fighters:

1) DYRL VF-1A Hikaru

2) DYRL VF-1S Focker

3) TV VF-1J Max

4) TV VF-1J Millia

5) M+ YF-19

6) M+ YF-21

7) VF-X 2 VF-19A

Lined up here at the bottom of the photo:

12spdx5.jpg