1/55 Tapered Hip Bars

Skull-1

I just ran over to the TrueValue hardware store and bought a medium grade triangle file (steel file used to work on saw blades and such). About fifteen minutes of work and voila! Instead of doing them flat I did them at an angle so they look like an intake ramp or something... I like the results.

post-4-1068008704_thumb.jpg

I was hoping KK would jump in here....

I am thinking of taking the forward part of the hip bar off and filing the angle from that point. Would that be better?

You're the only person who has used tapered hip bars on a 1/55. Were they stock bars that were filed down? I am trying to decide how far to file these. I think the whole section forward of the swivel should be removed like yours are... What do you think?

yes, they were stock ones filed/dremeled down.

the only reason i removed the entire area in front of the swiveling part was so i could have a tiny, tiny bit more room for decals. the ostrich has a number decal that does on each side.....this gave it a little more room.

for your custom i'm not sure if you need more room in that area.

I'm still trying to decide. If I take the forward part off that makes them less conspicuous, but they won't be tapered as much.

What did you use to fill the hole where the swivel joint pokes through?