Is Yamato too greedy?

Valkyrie addict

Is Yamato too greedy  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Are they?

• YES
    • NO

Yamato are no more greedy then other toymakers who sell high-end toys for the collectors market.

I mean what about Bandai ? The DX VF-25 costs just as much as a similar sized yamato and Bandai is a much bigger company with alot more money in their pockets and resources. Are they greedy for charging so much for the DX ?

What about Takara and their masterpiece line of transformers ? The new Grimlock is $130 not including shipping and he's the size of a standard leaderclass transformer priced at $50.

If Yamato is greedy so is Bandai, Takara and every other company making similar toys.

Takara MP Seeker retails for 9800 yen, which is 60% cheaper than similar sized Yamato 1/60s and US MP SS is like 1/3rd the price.

Btw doesn't Takara owns Tatsunoko which means they have production rights to make new Macross?

I love the yamato's 1/48s, 1/60s perfect version and bandai's DX, but on the other hand I'm scared to handle them at times. I don't know when I will break some parts, or get paint chips or having some loose joints. <_<

Since we are paying so much for those so called collector's high end toys, can't the toy company employ someone to QC them before they are even molded. Where are all the stress test, drop test etc?

I dunno about all this greedy talk. The way I see it, it would be greedy if they sold a necessity such as food, water, shelter, at a price much higher than what most people could reasonably afford.

you hit it square on the head.

so is ferrari greedy too? B))

Btw doesn't Takara owns Tatsunoko which means they have production rights to make new Macross?

Er...I've no idea if Takara owns Tatsunoko, but if they did that would not mean they'd have production rights to make a new Maacross. Tatsunoko has never had those rights. Big West owns the rights to make new Macross series.

Takara MP Seeker retails for 9800 yen, which is 60% cheaper than similar sized Yamato 1/60s and US MP SS is like 1/3rd the price.

Transformers fans sorta outnumber Macross fans a billion to one. They can mass produce more and sell for smaller margins.