Variable Bikes (MOSPEADA, Megazone 23, Bubblegum Crisis, etc.)

RavenHawk

How about the Terminator in bike form? I thought they are pretty cool..

I think use of wheel is more logical than on feet, at least the balance would be much easier and "running" would be fast with just ramping up the wheel instead of joggling (which is kinda slow and less efficient)

Those mototerminators definitely look cool, but I don't think they're variable. I think that that form you see in the ads is their only one, they don't unfold or anything in regular terminators.

For those not following the Transformers threads on here, here is the toy of the new Arcee.

Again, wheels for feet...

As I said in the other thread, I assume that how awful her robot mode and Chromia's robot mode look are going to be justified by the two of them and the third bike combining into a bigger robot.

post-7028-1241535050_thumb.jpg

That Arcee is the by far one of the ugliest transformers I've ever seen. Even the older transformers, like Ironhide looked better. Definitely not liking this. Anyways, onto the subject at hand, I'm looking for the Bubblegum crisis pics I have so I can send them to you. You may already have them. They are from the Artmic books, so once I find that, I'll send it your way.

That Arcee is the by far one of the ugliest transformers I've ever seen. Even the older transformers, like Ironhide looked better. Definitely not liking this. Anyways, onto the subject at hand, I'm looking for the Bubblegum crisis pics I have so I can send them to you. You may already have them. They are from the Artmic books, so once I find that, I'll send it your way.

I have the two Artmic Entertainment Bible books.

I also have scans of the Bubblegum Crisis RPGs.

If they're from some other Artmic books, like B-Club specials or something, then I don't have them yet.

• 2 months later...
Here's something I stumbled across that I figured belongs in this thread.

Very nice, thanks. I already had it in the list of variable bikes, but did not know that BBTS used to carry it. I've only seen it on Japanese sites and eBay.

Time to post the updated list, I guess.

Don't know what it's from but it looks sexy...

http://studio-halfeye.com/works/maneuver_b...mblade_top.html

That's the main character's manuever-blade from Viper's Creed.

Liked the show a lot, GORGEOUS toy, but just can't justify $500 for it.

Cool looking toy.

Yup, it is just a little too much for a 17cm tall toy.

Yeah. I was hoping for a normal bike scale like 1/18th, but when I did out the math a couple months back this came out to, I think, 1/24th or so, maybe even smaller. Really tiny for the price, though gorgeous and understandable considering what a niche product this is.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

That unused Garland has a weapon that looks straight out of Mospeada.

Well, they were both designed by the same person, so it's not surprising. I like the similarities.