Why are Macross figs so expensive?

Queen Kittan

When you consider the fact that Yamato makes high-end Macross products and calls have been made for them to improve their quality... improve not meaning - sell the crappily made ones, just to meet deadlines, on top of trying better next time... most of the time... you get a scenario where fans are divided between the ones that question their products monetary worth, and those who fear not seeing those product again as a result of the inquisition and bad practice exposure... to those who have pockets deep enough, they are not hurt by a bad purchase, but resent the ones who whine and complain too much about it.

So, the "fault" terminology being used here is justified, although not pointed at the right party... Same goes for this bloated sense of entitlement remark.

Bottom line is, someone is not doing their job, and everybody else is afraid of loosing their precious. ^_^

Edited by boota

You can't blame Yamato for people spending more than they can afford. If a person spends more than they can afford they have no one to blame but themselves.

Keeping track of your money is no easy task. It's very easy to overspend thinking you'll make money back quicker than you actually do. I've had money come and go from my account without knowing where it went or how it got there.

Either way it's like teasing a dog.

Some japanese collectibles are just insanely priced, like some of the SHE ones(far too fragile to justify the cost), and the Fewture Ex Gohkin Getter Robo figures(just extra detailes SoCs really).

Edited by Queen Kittan

Keeping track of your money is no easy task. It's very easy to overspend thinking you'll make money back quicker than you actually do. I've had money come and go from my account without knowing where it went or how it got there.

Either way it's like teasing a dog.

Some japanese collectibles are just insanely priced, like some of the SHE ones(far too fragile to justify the cost), and the Fewture Ex Gohkin Getter Robo figures(just extra detailes SoCs really).

Well I have to wholeheartedly agree on that point... While the limited availability and quality of design of collectibles from CMS corp, maxfactory, and studio halfeye are nice... I think they are waay too overpriced and cost prohibitive to make them a worthy purchase... especially in this shaky economy were in atm.

I usually buy from big name companies like bandai and yamato as I get more bang for the buck and an overall better quality figure.

Yamato's are fairly priced when compared to other imports (they could have been priced a little lower though). With the devaluing Canadian dollar (even worst than the $US), I'll probably have to choose my next purchases from them very carefully. Either that or wait for a sale. The way the economy's tanking, there's a good chance some online retailers will soon have to discount massively (but the flips side to that is they go under and there won't be any toys to buy).

I remember when the $CDN was worth only 63 cents $US and the old 1/60 Yammies were over $100; but I still got them because the economy was good and people were sure about their economic situation. What good is a $50 new 1/60 VF-1 if you have no job and no money. With all that said I'll probably put off buying "retail" (Hasbro) Transformers and save the money for Yamatos and Takaras. I should be thankful that Macross toys aren't released in the frequency of Transformers.

Actually correct that; I should be thankful I have food, shelter, and transportation... toys are a bonus.

Edited by D_Unit

With all that said I'll probably put off buying "retail" (Hasbro) Transformers and save the money for Yamatos and Takaras

This is precisely what I have done. It is a very very wise decision IMO. And, just for the people who happen to love retail Hasbro TFs, the decision can be generalized: Stop buying things you "kinda like" and stop "buying because it says 'Transformers' and start to discriminate in your buying habits - look at the range of stuff offered and prioritize; think about whether you'll be happy with your purchase a month, or even a year later. So yeah -good thinking D Unit.

The way the economy's tanking, there's a good chance some online retailers will soon have to discount massively (but the flips side to that is they go under and there won't be any toys to buy)

This is one possibility; but there is another flip side - namely, retailers, even if they do move their stock via massive discounting, will then NOT place large orders with wholesalers for stuff that they can barely shift even with massive discounts and sales. This in turn will ultimately mean that the signal will come back to manufacturers: hey - don't make so much of this stuff.

This might be a problem, since part of what makes mass-production desirable and profitable is that you HAVE TO make (and sell)- well - MASS amounts in order to get your money back, and have a chance at making a profit. So cutting down production amounts will ultimately lead to someone saying "Maybe instead of making these high scale high end Valkyrie, we should be making diapers and toilet cleaner?"

But this is a dark scenario. I highly doubt this will come about. I'm an optimist - I think the economy will rebound after a bit of a prolonged and painful correction.

Heck - I'll even venture a bold guess: this time next year, we'll all be spending like there's no tomorrow on Macross and other stuff :)

hope those aren't famous last words... :)

Pete