Aramaki's "new" anime Vipers' Creed

Save

I'd rather see him just designing rather than directing, but here's to hoping it turns out interesting.

Well if this turns out to be what I think it is, he will be doing some designing or re-designing I should say.

Woo actually wasn't directly involved at all, creatively speaking. All of the Woo-ish stuff (like the ubiquitous doves) were done as homages to his work by the Japanese animators.

Well, in that case, Aramaki benefited from a much more serviceable script than the first outing. Hopefully, this new show has some muscle backing it for cool toys and such.

Co-directing doesn't count as directing?

I didn't say that. But my point is, that's not a good measure of Aramaki's directing skill since someone else worked on it. It's like how DYRL was co-directed between Kawamori and Ishiguro and how Macross Plus was co-directed between Kawamori and Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame.

You have to look at solo efforts if you want to be able to judge a director's work on its own merit. Both Appleseed movies are WAY better than the Megazone 23 III.