Best 1/60 valkyrie to buy for a first timer

Getsuga Tenshou

Transformed my YF-19 to battroid mode. Well I was able to pose it around for the first 2 - 3 tries. But after that, the Hip part became loose. Now I cant do the same exact poses I did the first time around. Whenever I extend the leg to a sort of squat position, the body part will sag forward. Is there some sort of remedy for this?

You do realize that the legs/hips are made to come off? This is done so that you can spread his legs a bit to give him an anime pose; and in case you spread "too much" - the legs just come off rather than break. Yamato has begun to take a que from companies like Takara on this note - making pieces that come off rather than break off; since it's better if something just comes off and can be replaced back on rather than snaps and is broken.

All you have to do is push the hips/legs back into place to make them more sturdy.

I've had my YF-19 for 2 years now and it is solid as a rock despite numerous transformations and action poses.

For those who owned 1/60 YF-21, do you guys have trouble keeping canopy open in fighter mode? I can't seem to keep it open. Is there a trick to this? My canopy is so loose. I'm not sure if this is a common problem with YF-21. Please advice. Thanks.

Are you opening it correctly? Sliding out before flipping up? Again - mine is just fine - but maybe you can try this: 1) slide out, 2) flip up, 3) slightly slide back in while flipped up - this third step should secure it a bit more I would think?

Pete