Scratchbuild/ Kitbash 1/55 Skyfire head.

kidkorrupt

here it is almost done.

it is closer to the cartoon then the head i did for the skyfire currently up on my site.

a panel line was added on the side and back of the head like screencaps.

i also carved out the area outlining the face so you could use wash to get a darker gray in the crack to make it like the screencap.

sorry for the bad pictures.. ill take more when i have time. i have 3 midterms next week and a presentation. just took all of them at once....no time to re-do em.

post-4-1067824911_thumb.jpg

It looks like the face on Mars! :D:lol:

kiddin', the Skyfire head really looks gr8 like it's TF animated counter part. It's looking good Kidkorrupt! I would have never thought of using an original or bootleg Devastator head. :o

~G25

you know what?

after i modifed the devastator face i thought it looked like the face on mars too! but i didn't want to mention it or some of you may think i was crazy. but it looks like many of us are crazy, lol.

the head was made from the back of the bootleg head, front of devastator face, and jetfire antennaes. all were heavily modified.

i've been slowly working on it for an hour or 2 every weekend for 4-5 weeks. no time with class n work

it is one-piece and recast friendly. you can use a simple one-piece mold to do this. just cut a slice through one side of the molding material and the recasted head can pop right out =D

BUT i don't think i'll recast it....its at best a amateur attempt. if other people were to have this i would make a new one with more definate lines and more precise proportions.

pictures up when i have time....this weekend i may be going to san diego with the gf and then on sunday i am goign to hollywood to watch some friends in a battle of the bands. and those are normally my customizing days =(

And looking at Skyfire from this angle

that angle

far angle

near angle

he looks nothing like a VF-1S Valkyrie

so it still mesmerises me how Hasbro ever thought of using a VF-1 for Skyfire !

Geesssh!

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Actually what happened was that Hasbro got the Macross "Jetfire" toy but then when they were working on the TV series HG had Robotech on at the time so Hasbro had to make a design for the TV show that didnt resemble the Toy. I have no idea why the namechange though.