Spaceballs: The Animated Series?!

bsu legato

I just stumbled over this on IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/911/911618p1.html

September 18, 2008 - Fans of MGM's 1987 cult classic feature film Spaceballs have a special treat in store for them this weekend. "Spaceballs Sunday" takes place this Sunday, September 21 beginning at 3 pm ET/PT, with the presentation of the feature film, followed by all new chapters of Mel Brooks' Spaceballs: The Animated Series at 5 pm ET/PT, on G4.

A collaboration from MGM, Berliner Film Companie and G4, Spaceballs: The Animated Series picks up where the cult classic feature film left off, delivering hilarious parodies of today's pop culture. Executive Producer and Co-Creator Mel Brooks reprises his roles as Planet Spaceballs' nefarious President Skroob and Yogurt, Daphne Zuniga returns to voice the lovely Princess Vespa, and Joan Rivers is back as the voice of Dot Matrix.

In the animated return to this galaxy far, far away, the Spaceballs characters are reprised and the story is retold for a new generation of fans. Similar to the feature film, which parodied iconic science fiction movies, the all new animated chapters parody the biggest blockbusters of today, such as The Lord of the Rings, the Star Wars franchise and Jurassic Park, as well as every genre of entertainment from movies and reality TV to pop culture, politics and games, such as Grand Theft Auto.

We have two exclusive clips, to give you a taste of the series. The first is from the episode "Grand Theft Starship," in which Lone Starr is addicted to a new videogame, Grand Theft Starship, and Vespa is jealous:

The second clip is from the episode "Lord of the Onion Rings," in which Skroob tells Dark Helmet of the evil Onion Ring that can make its owner all-powerful:

For more, watch Mel Brooks' Spaceballs: The Animated Series this Sunday, September 21, at 5 pm ET/PT, on G4.

Too bad the actual show, based on the super exclusive clips, is about as funny as my last root canal. Oh Mel....has it really come to this?

omigod......this is utterly lame and pointless......I lost my love of spaceballs by those two clips. I bet it wont last 1 season.

You know, taken out of context, that's a pretty embarrassing statement. :lol: I'm having flashbacks to an old episode of Three's Company. :lol:

omigod......this is utterly lame and pointless......I lost my love of spaceballs by those two clips. I bet it wont last 1 season.

I don't money know why money Mel Brooks money let them money make this money tv series money it makes money no sense.

Taksraven