Hikaru!

misterryno

I just want to point out that this is the second thread that I've participated in which has followed the following SET UP:

FAN: Hey guys, check out X!

FAN 2: Wow! That's really impressive! Show us more!

FAN 3: I also have X and agree that it's great. Did you know that A, B , C and F?

FAN: Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know! That's interesting!

MOD WANNA BE: YOU ARE ALL ANNOYING! STOP SAYING MACROSS IS COOL! STOP LIKING MACROSS! WHY DO YOU INSIST ON LIKING MACROSS!

FAN: Dude...we're just praising X in the Macross Forum...I don't understand?

FAN2: We apologize if we did anything annoying; we just wanted to express our joy in our hobby.

FAN3: Why can't you just leave me alone and allow me to epxress my joy in my hobby on a forum dedicated to the hobby?

MOD: OK! BACK ON TOPIC OR THE THREAD GETS LOCKED!

FAN: But we were on topic until this guy showed up and...

LOCK!

Pete

MOD ROY HERE

I thought I being polite. I'm not going to play games or argue. This is how it is going to be.

Review the Section on Spamming. Making short or nonsensical responses falls under it. Action isn't taken on every offender who makes a pointless post. We do allow people to have fun. Action will be taken because of the sheer amount.

Also review this part:

Private Communication Via Public Forums.

The forums are not a substitute for email or instant messenger. Please use the board's private messenger function or email for direct contact with members.

There are rules here. They can't be ingore by you and your friends for fun. Nor is this attitude acceptable. Since misterryno is the most vocal of this group he will be getting a few days away from the message board to calm down. If anyone else want to have this same attitude they can sit in the corner as well. When he returns. Please reduce the amount of these kinds of posts. Please try using the Messenger System.

I highly doubt that our posts have "discouraged the participation of others".....in fact I know it has not

You know that it has not? You should see the PM boxes of the moderators and the other forums where the goings on here on MW are sometimes discussed. You're just. . . wrong.

the only thing that discourages others from posting is you and the other mods (not all of them) Nazi attitudes.

I can't tell you how little respect I have for someone who compares moderating styles of a forum (lenient to this point at that) to Nazi Germany. Yeah perspective! :rolleyes:

Um...

As far as I can tell, all of us - every last Macross Fan on this forum - engages in "essentially posting the same crap you posted yesterday the last time they posted."

You missed the distinction between it being everyone getting involved in a thread. . . and the same group of three or four guys going ape-crap in every thread. . . and nearly always verging off into their balls, crotches, rugby. . . or whatever else it is that they want to discuss amongst themselves.

Well, it looks like Roy is on the case. Yeah, I'm retiring. But for the record, until Shawn actually reads his email and removes my Admin rank, I've recused myself from taking any direct action on anyone. But I can't tell you how convinced I am now that I'm making the right decision here. Do I think I'm "too good" for Macross World? No. I just think MW used to be a lot better. And watching folks who have always been the cringe-inducing element of MW now come flocking to a certain someone's defense. . . I'm just more certain that I've made the right decision.

And in a gross, INEXCUSABLE abuse of authority/power soon to be laid down, I'm going to post one more reply to this locked thread because I just can't pass this up. . . :blink:

And I bet you're a tough guy too behind a computer typing away. Actually, you're not dude! We have met at MWcon'05. Makes me wonder why you have not been to any other MWcon? [. . .] Dude, your badd-ass behind a computer!

I'm not sure why you're focused on my physique here. I'm totally average in every way. 6' - 180 lbs (down from 200 recently. w00t!). Never made a claim to be a bad-ass. Was I supposed to arrive at that MWCon on a Harley and sporting brass knuckles? Should I have bulked up first? I wasn't aware that the purpose of attending MWCon was to impress everyone there with my physical prowess so that when the MW Thunderdome inevitably got underway years later, nobody would dare challenge me to single combat!

WTF? :lol:

And. . . I think my reasons for not attending further MWCons are probably pretty obvious. . . the long trip. . . to stand there next to you and feel uncomfortable with your choice of conversation. *shudders* :p

Though I did have a good time and it was fun to put faces to all the names learned over the years. Just never saw a need to do it again.