Earth & The Macross Fleets

Enders

Uhm... I wasn't refering to the source of Sinsen/Shinsen... but about the other stuff. You know, using a Super Long Range Emmigration Class ship to colonized a short range world... :roll:

I suggest that you don't try and speak for the majority of fans, as you are not them. PS try reading the compendium. Not only is it canon, it also mentions short-range emmigration fleets. Not reading up on Macross lore is your problem, not mine. :p

Pgs 91 and 97 of the "This is Animation Special" Macross Plus artbook. I'm sure someone has scanned them in SOMEWHERE. I did the silly thing and bought the book. :p As for the opener, rewatch it yourself. :)

As noted, acceptance of any source regardless of its degree of officialness or apparent CG error is a choice, not a rule. I choose to believe that the pretty CG graphic is more official than a print source. You'll find most fans will, which is why most still don't know about this short-range fleet, and likely never will.

Mark <--- Megaroad-04-ever!

I think Mark was referring to most viewers, in which case he's probably right. As a film fan, I encounter this all the time. Most of the audience will go by what they see in an actual production rather than the official trivia published in books and interviews, regardless of accuracy. Or at the very least, audiences will go with what they "think" they have seen, especially in the absence of additional sources (which many will not seek out). Many of us here on Macross World, myself included, analyze Macross more in depth (possibly more than we should), but we are also not the majority of the audience.

I think this is why examples such as Duke Togo's frustration with the SDF vs. Macross designations come up often and repeatedly. It's audience perception that is the rule more often than not, even at the expense of accuracy. I'm definitely not advocating a lack of accuracy (especially since I'm such a tech geek for Macross), but it is an unfortunate reality that most of us geeky fans have to endure the majority of audiences getting it wrong in some cases. We just have to lighten up :)

*cues MisaForever's imminent entrance* :lol:

Edited by Mr March

Well, I find a very interesting line in MAHQ's summary of SDFM Episode 1:

Maybe Chris (ChrisG in MacrossWorld), the webmaster of the MAHQ, make a mistake here. Can someone confirm this, as I don't have the clips with me now?

Merely a typo I didn't catch when re-reviewing the series. It's been corrected now.

Echo Mr. March, naturally. I'm not saying anyone's wrong, or right for that matter - just presenting differing viewpoints based on differing evidence. The discussion over this is why we love being Macross fans!

And re: source on Megaroad being used for specific missions - there isn't one. Please read the post where I wrote that - I made a supposition, not a reference to a source, that there is no reason a Megaroad CAN'T be part of a short-range fleet. You don't use the QEII to go Statten Island from Manhatten - but if you had thousands of people who wanted to get there in one go, you just might after all.

Mark