Insurgent Zentradi weapons technology development

RedWolf

Quamzin once stated that giving Zentradi the means fix their technology is the humans undoing.

Indeed insurgent Zentrans as the modern Anti-UN in spirit did not stagnate their weapons tech and become a thorn at the NUN backside.

Though any Anti-UN group does not have the manufacturing capacity to match that of the NUN.

Often times they have to buy tech from black market arms dealers with also provide pirate groups.

Ships:

Hatchet Class cruiser

hatchet-cruise.jpg

Vandal Gunship

vandal.jpg

Roqual submarine

rorqual.jpg

Mecha:

Variable Glaug

vglaug-battroid_small.gif

Fz-150 Feios Valkyrie

fz-150-battroid.jpg

Zentradi Battlesuit

zentradibattlesuit.jpg

Reguld Custom

regultcustom.jpg

Stealth Glaug

stealthglaug.jpg

Stealth Fighter Pod

stealthfighterpod.jpg

Stealth Quel-Quallie Scout Pod

stealthquelquallie.jpg

Annabella Lasiodora Mobile Weapon

http://mahq.net/mecha/macross/vf-x2/annabellalasiodora.jpg

Gjagravan-Va Land Weapon

http://mahq.net/mecha/macross/vf-x2/gjagravan-va.jpg

One thing that must be kept in mind is that the Anti-UN existed only as a single organization, pre-SWI. Even then, it's called the "Anti-Unification Alliance", and my guess is that it is quasi-national (as in, nations that didn't want to join the unification are behind it.)

Post SWI, any group that is against the UNG (or NUNG) can be labeled "the Anti-UN", but they are rarely, if ever, working together. Let alone towards the same goals. Of the machines pictured above:

The first three, from VF-X2, are used by the Vinderance Terrorist group. So, too, are the Annabella Lasiodora and the Gjagravan-Va.

The Variable Glaug pictured, is a UNS Valkryie. However, the Neo-Gluag (designed before the Variable Glaug, but appears later in the timeline). The Neo-Glaug, at least in the game, is just another drone taken over by Sharon Apple. Who, by her actions, is Anti-UN. :phttp://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/plus-game/neo-glaug.htm It's not an "Anti-UN" mecha per se. But just like any other VF, it can be used by them.

Pheios Valkyrie was originally a test VF stolen by a group of rogue Zentraedi. Though, as it appears in both VF-X and VF-X2, it's most likely being reproduced. If I understand it correctly, it's made by the Critical Path Corporation (they also build the Annabella Lasiodora and Rorqual sub) and (sold to?) the Vinderance Terrorist group.

the Enemy battlesuit is a big question mark. There's really no info on it and it appears to be nothing more than an opponent to throw at the VF-11 at the start of Macross Plus.

The Reguld Custom through the Stealth QQ appeared in VF-X, and are part of the Boldoza style fleet that kidnaps the Milky Dolls and eventually tries to attack Earth. If anything, this group of Zentraedi supports any arguements about Zentraedi becoming more powerful/dangerous due to humans teaching them how to fix and make new war machines. The designs have shown up only once in Macross (unlike the Pheyos, originating in the same game.) I believe that they are one-off designs that disappeared when that Bodol wanna be fleet was destroyed.

The Gjagravan Va is manufactured by Black Rainbow. I'm not clear if it is a terrorist organization, or a manufacturing organization like Critical Path. Checking my notes, the Vandal Class Attack Ship is also made by (for?) the Black Rainbow (terrorist) group. The Untamed Class by Critical Path.

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/zentradi/va...laug/index.html

As usual, it's very, very vague. I can interpret the desciption multiple ways.

Therefore, here: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B0%E3%....83.BC.E3.82.B8

Basically, "it appears as classified weapons that Zentraedi dissidents have obtained from Earth technology, and developed".

Again, not clear at all. Though, by the loose definition, the Zentraedi dissidents are "anti-UN", and there is the possibility that the construction method for the Variable Gluag (Zentraedi version) got out before the UNS attack on the weapon plant. Though, as the UNS co-opts the design, develops it (micron version and AI version), it's most likely that any "anti-UN" used units are captured from the UNS.

But that's just my take on what limited info we have available.

Somewhere along the line, there have to be more than a few unscrupulous individuals who are letting advanced military hardware out into the black market. After all, how else will the companies that make the hardware be able to justify continuously developing their wares if without a credible threat.

Somewhere along the line, there have to be more than a few unscrupulous individuals who are letting advanced military hardware out into the black market. After all, how else will the companies that make the hardware be able to justify continuously developing their wares if without a credible threat.

Loschier Company sells stolen fold boosters, VF-22D and reaction weaponry.

For all we know Manfred Brado was the guy Loschier was suppose to sell that VF-22 Laiza commandeered. (Macross Dynamite 7)

Aren't they doing it to be better equipped when they battle against colonies that have gone "anti-un" (I believe that was the prime reason behind the AVF project), and to keep pace with developments made by Zentraedi? Also, there would probably be a pretty decent economic stimuluous from the equivalent of the "military-industrial complex".

Rogue companies selling for a few extra bucks makes sense. But so too does having these "anti-un" forces stealing the equipment.

Aren't they doing it to be better equipped when they battle against colonies that have gone "anti-un" (I believe that was the prime reason behind the AVF project), and to keep pace with developments made by Zentraedi? Also, there would probably be a pretty decent economic stimuluous from the equivalent of the "military-industrial complex".

Rogue companies selling for a few extra bucks makes sense. But so too does having these "anti-un" forces stealing the equipment.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't immediately take that explanation at face value, seeing as I live in a country where the local Muslim insurgencies weapons of choice are M16s that have been supposedly sold to them by the armed forces itself.

Loschier Company sells stolen fold boosters, VF-22D and reaction weaponry.

For all we know Manfred Brado was the guy Loschier was suppose to sell that VF-22 Laiza commandeered. (Macross Dynamite 7)

Actually it was a VF-17 that she comandeered. ;)

Actually it was a VF-17 that she comandeered. ;)

Opps my faster than brain in that. Happens when writing a fic. I meant VF-17D.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't immediately take that explanation at face value, seeing as I live in a country where the local Muslim insurgencies weapons of choice are M16s that have been supposedly sold to them by the armed forces itself.

Wilbur Garland did that too, sort of.

Loschier as seen in Macross Dynamite 7 is smuggler that is likely having a connection in the military to have an inventory of reaction weapons.

Ahh... understandable. But in the Philippines case, it could be a third party, such as the ones that sabatoged Magsaysay's plane. Or later left Subic bay...