1/55 custom 1st attempt

optimator88

Hi,

I just recently found this website and was inspired by all the incredible custom Valks. I've never customized or painted anything so I was pretty worried going into this. Especially about chipping, but it could have been much worse. Luckily, I read someone's comment that said to sand down all the places that could rub, but I guess I should have sanded some more because there are still some places that like to stick. I also didn't have any proper stickers or decals, so I just used a couple from a spare Toynami MPC stickers that were laying around. I borrowed the color scheme from Dead Zone, so thanks go out to him. Oh yeah, and a big thanks to everyone else here who has gotten me totally hooked on a new hobby. There are some amazingly skilled people on this site. Now I can't wait to start on a 1/48!

post-9363-1219880620_thumb.jpg

post-9363-1219880708_thumb.jpg

post-9363-1219880771_thumb.jpg

the intake sticker I believe it's backwards

I noticed that to.....but of course....when I first got into the toys I thought it should be like that as well. I did not find out till much later that I was mistaken.

:ph34r:

I noticed that to.....but of course....when I first got into the toys I thought it should be like that as well. I did not find out till much later that I was mistaken.

:ph34r:

Haha, I knew something looked off about it. I tried reversing the intake decal, but the size difference made it look ridiculous.

Edited by optimator88