Stands/Bases for the toys

SpaceCowboy

So, I know about the official Yamato black stand for the toys, but personally, I think $40-$50 is a little ridiculous for a stand, but what do you expect from Yamato...

So, I'm here to ask has anyone found a good alternative to display their valks in fighter mode for closer to $10 a stand? I'd like to have something for my 1/72 YF-21, VF-11B, and my Bandai VF-17 and VF-19. As you can see - buying the yamato stands for all of these would be a little bit prohibitive.

So what are my options, either homemade or cheaper alternative stands?

Both KiriK and I did reviews on the Gundam stands that are available for about $6.

http://animepunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ht=gundam+stand

They aren't the most stable but they are pretty good for a budget.

I have those and they are great!!!! Cheap too

over in canada everything is marked up BASTARDS so in the us its 6 bucks here its 10 and they come in different sizes

made for gundams originally they can be used for a lot of stuff

After looking at those pics I just got an idea to make my own. I've got a 100 dvd spindle case that's about as high as those. cake_box_100_300x300.jpg Now drill or cut a hole at the top of the black pole and put the Yamato display clips there along with your valk. The wide base makes it very sturdy and you get to use the clips without having to pay for the actual stand. The downside is that you can't adjust the stand. Now this is all in my head so don't blame me if it doesn't work.

Edited by jackdaniels

yeah, it really sucks when have to buy things when you know they are worth less

anyway, Lost and Found toys is the distributor of the famous clear flexistands you can see a lot of members here own, they are truly the best and worth it, right know they are restocking and are taking preorders

hope it helps

EDIT: hey, great idea jackdaniels, I should try that out too

Edited by Valkyrie addict

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out the Bandai Action Base 1 for 1/100 Gundam works quite well for the VF-1 1/60 v2:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-74293-1-1.html

P1000761.jpg

The hand like clip from the Bandai stand match the metal bar, but the VF-1S head need to lower a little.

To use Yamato's attachments you will need to modify the Bandai stand.

Personally I would not use those stands for heavier VFs since they are really light weight.