The Megaroad crew and the original "Triangler"- why the hang

Question becomes now if it's canon if this information comes from a game instead of Kawamori?

Well...

However, given that this story comes from a not-for-sale extra for a game based on what is considered a "historical" dramatization within Macross, it is not the final word on the trio's fates.

Shoji Kawamori probably summed it up best at Anime Expo 2002's Macross Panel when he gave the closest thing to an official answer:

"God knows."

What the....

ok, now my world has been turned upside down... :wacko:

all that craziness, over a what-if scenario??? :angry:

hmmm.... actually, come to think of it, that would solve that seeming inconsistency about Misa and Miku hanging out with the Jenius couple.... (as discussed in the miku thread)...

What the....

ok, now my world has been turned upside down... :wacko:

all that craziness, over a what-if scenario??? :angry:

I know! All this time, I thought the pronouncement came from the Hory Froating One himself, and although I could never find WHERE he said it, I never doubted that he did.

Man, I feel played. <_<

So only Kawamori now what happened to the trio, he is the God in Macross Universe after all. And about the black hole the Megaroad supposed to investigate, maybe they got stuck in the event horizon and frozen in time just like Gene Rodenberrys Andromeda, so there's still hope to see them back ^_^.

So only Kawamori now what happened to the trio, he is the God in Macross Universe after all. And about the black hole the Megaroad supposed to investigate, maybe they got stuck in the event horizon and frozen in time just like Gene Rodenberrys Andromeda, so there's still hope to see them back ^_^.

the thing is, with this recent discussion, there's not even a black hole to speak of, strictly speaking. it's just a what-if? scenario... :wacko:

hmmm.... actually, come to think of it, that would solve that seeming inconsistency about Misa and Miku hanging out with the Jenius couple.... (as discussed in the miku thread)...

It would also explain why Megaroad 01 is still shown on the Macross Frontier Intro map by 2059. The fleet isn't lost.

It would also explain why Megaroad 01 is still shown on the Macross Frontier Intro map by 2059. The fleet isn't lost.

It all makes sense now!!!

why there doesn't seem to be a brouhaha about the war heroes (and minmei) missing...

no search and rescue missions...

miku and misa hanging out with the jenius family...

hikaru and minmei giving birth to Basara who was able to go to Macross 7...

er.... scratch that last one. :p

I'm still entirely against reading much at all into that opening colonization graphic from Frontier. It's clearly meant to look awesome, not to accurately depict a timeline of events.

I'm still entirely against reading much at all into that opening colonization graphic from Frontier. It's clearly meant to look awesome, not to accurately depict a timeline of events.

I agree it isn't much to go on but sofar it's all we have in terms of animated material. In regards to naming and plotted courses of the fleets the map seems quite accurate. Like matching the right ships to each fleet. No Megaroad 3 mission with an SDF-4, Macross 7 and 5 both heading towards the Galactic centre, M-frontier and M-galaxy quite close to eachother etc. The main flaw is that each mission is shown leaving Earth and Eden at exactly the same time for as you said esthetical reasons. It mixes up the relative positioning of everything in time. However showing a fleet that is supposedly lost 4 years after its launch still flying decades after would strike me as a bit odd.

It's not necessarily even saying that all of these fleets are still out there. Some have obviously settled, and others are known to have been lost, so even the fact that it still depicts Megaroad-1 on the map doesn't prove anything one way or the other. It's just saying that, yeah, these colonization fleets were launched.

If Flashback 2012 is indeed the final word on the Triangler, it would be much easier to let them go. :)

Or if you still can't, at least you already know who to ask...

"God? Are you there? If there's just one question in my life that you could answer for me...."

:D

Edited by dreamweaver13

hmm, given other threads my bet would be on B))

GOD: "CONSTANTINE, ANOTHER ONE FOR THE LISA AND MINMAY AFTER LIFE EXPERIENCE"

CONSTANTINE: "DAMMIT WE'RE OUT OF MINMAY'S, HOW ABOUT A SHERYL INSTEAD?"

Edited by Bri

Very good article Dreamweaver13 you basically put the issue at least for me to rest. I know since I am a guy those three characters Hikaru Ichijyo, Misa Hayase and Lynn Minmay would always be in my heart. If Shoji Kawamori ever releases a story featuring the Triangler I know it would be a hit and we the fans of Macross would watch it.

I just made this theory regarding the fate of the original Triangler...

Perhaps the Megaroad 01 crew founded a colony in an Earth-like planet that has been watching over/guarding the borders of PC space for decades... Its location was kept Top Secret for all these years by UNS/NUNS Officials, who invented the whole "lost fleet" scenario to keep anybody else out of the center of the Galaxy.

Maybe we will get to see Miku Ichijyo and know more about her parents in the final episodes of Frontier... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn