does the scale matter?

arrow

Good point and true but even within yamato's 1/60 scale there is some discrepancy.

Place your V.1 1/60 VF-1 pilots next to your VF-0, YF-19, YF-21 and SV-51 pilots too. All same scale but different in size.

That's what you get when it comes to fictional mech. It's probably easier to scale real world tanks and aircraft, but when it comes to anime mecha (where measurement specifications were conjured out of thin air) I think sizes sometimes get inconsistent.

Edited by Vifam7

only size matters, at least thats what all the girls i meet keep telling me...

that's what my girlfriends also told me! :lol:

My girlfriends have told me that size would not matter so much if only I would last longer. Fatal combination! Good thing I am a genius with.... (you can guess. Dont want moderator beating tonight). . .

Erm, on a non-innuendo-related note:

I just started collecting earlier this year with a 1/60 YF-19, as the mech has been a favorite of mine for quite a while. Just recently, I made my next entry a 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru.

"What?! He must be crazy! The scales won't match! Ichijo will be several times taller than Isamu!!"

I know. And the detail-nut that I am, that kinda bothered me too.

But having stalked these forums for a few months now, it's easy to see that the 48's have been a pretty big part of the history of these kinds of toys. The shift to all 1/60 seems to be the end of an era, and I know for a fact that there are some real die-hard 1/48 people out there still. So, for me personally, I just kinda wanted to see what all the hype was about. (My initial impression is in the affirmative: it is an impressive work of toy)

Does scale matter? It seems like if you have a giant collection, it certainly does. If there's all sorts of valks all over the place, they should probably be arranged in a manner that is internally consistent, and makes sense on the eyes. As for me? Sorting's a pretty easy job right now. I can sort by series and scale in about two seconds.

::scoots the 1J a few inches away from the 19::

Done!

I'm all about scale, including mixing mecha from various series. I feel that same scale mecha in various heights and sizes make for a more dynamic display with greater depth, and giving the feel of a miniaturized mecha museum. As somebody who works on Super Hornets, I often go to NAS Fallon in Nevada where I see varied and different jets with radical differences in sizes and always love to see the differences in size and shape, which accentuates each design through contrast in form.

But that's just me