Well I finally broke and got the 1/60 YF-19

syn13

All my life I've been an avid fan of Macross and finally ever since the 1/72 Yamato YF-19 came out I got the 1/60 scale today. This is my first Yamato toy I've bought(waiting for my Elintseeker from Tisinc to come in) but WOW! I have the Queadluun Rau and its as big as it.

Let me just say it is one unique toy but the complexity of this figure is so much work I've decided to keep it in fighter mode. I got just one question, I'm tired for the transformations so what are the two plastic pieces that come with this toy? I see two replacement fins by the cockpit(i think) but I can't seem to figure what those two pieces are. Tired to pull out the manual and check so I'll play around on the internet for a bit.

For the lack of room in my display cabinets, I've put it in a pose where its entering Gaia's orbit.

toy001zd4.th.jpgdsc01017ft3.th.jpg

Edited by syn13

All my life I've been an avid fan of Macross and finally ever since the 1/72 Yamato YF-19 came out I got the 1/60 scale today. This is my first Yamato toy I've bought(waiting for my Elintseeker from Tisinc to come in) but WOW! I have the Queadluun Rau and its as big as it.

Let me just say it is one unique toy but the complexity of this figure is so much work I've decided to keep it in fighter mode. I got just one question, I'm tired for the transformations so what are the two plastic pieces that come with this toy? I see two replacement fins by the cockpit(i think) but I can't seem to figure what those two pieces are. Tired to pull out the manual and check so I'll play around on the internet for a bit.

For the lack of room in my display cabinets, I've put it in a pose where its entering Gaia's orbit.

toy001zd4.th.jpg

is your yf-19 the current re-release? i checked the yamato jp website and its available for order again. are the qc issues fixed on your yf-21?

Oh I saw this in the review for this here, is there any noticeable changes I can tell by? I just got this today so I'm not sure but theres still movement past where its supposed to stop.

The local dealer I know had a couple of these babies lying around since last year I think and hasn't been able to get rid of them because of his customers didn't really have any interest in them(PVC figure fans).

I coincidently bought this because of unfortunate run in with a figure he sold me which had a obvious paint chip so he instead of getting a refund of $100, I placed it into this + the 3 piece Millia set for $25.

Edited by syn13

Syn13 i love te display set up you got there. Nice touch.

Thanks, believe or not, I have two of the display cabinets and they are already filled with mostly PVC figures. Maybe I'll put away some figures that are potential leaners for future Macross toys(VE-1). Other than anime girls, I got some SIC Kamen Rider action figures, Gundam Fix Figuration, Front Mission and a Busou Shiki MMS figure.

Did anyone spend the longest time around the neck(near the canopy) and putting back the arms on this Valkyrie?

heh, no don't put the chicks away, keep them in there, i can see more room that can be used! :p

take mine for example -

gallery_3118_46_1056839.jpg

I got '2' YF-21's coming, plus some chick figures (aroun 5) and i just added in the 4 TMNT's which i'll add to the gallery later.

I gotta fit them all in. It's like the bottomless pit/wallet. Just keep throwing it in. :lol:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?auto...r&user=3118

So yeah, use the room! And please show us your other display cabinet. Welcome to the forums btw too.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wow that is madness ruskiiVFaussie! Never have I've seen so much collectibles in one cabinet!!!

Well here's mine, not much for mecha but I am waiting for [Alpha X Omega]'s 1/8 scale Klein Klan micronized ver. I thought I had work today but when I got there, everyone was looking at me weird and I found out no work today so heres some crappy 10 sec pictures:

post-8856-1215549239_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549251_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549262_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549269_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549280_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549289_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549298_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549311_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549320_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549327_thumb.jpg

post-8856-1215549335_thumb.jpg

awsome collection syn13!

Now that my son and my son's mother know about my collection I think it is time to get a proper display case.

My son's mother said the other day, "why don't you just get a girl friend instead of buying all those sexy figures?" (Ikki Toussen, Ignis, etc.).

It is funny though because I dated a girl for a month recently and at that time I did not obsess about pre-painted-japanese-collectible-figures as much as usual.

Though I do have to say that dating is even more expensive than collecting these things even if they are $80 a pop (just got Shuraki Nida (Needa?)).

</rambling>

Nice figure collection mate!!! Especially seeing some ikki tousen goodness. :D I'm a huge Hakufu fan, and Asuka (NGE). I'm waiting on those figures to get home so i can take pics and show.

Figma saber looks great. I love to mix Macross with the female touch as it seems you do as well. heheh We have a similar displaying style.

So what do you plan on getting next Macross wise? I'm interested. Whats your fav valk? the 19? Something else? You need a Revy or GNU battroid slotted in there.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Nice figure collection mate!!! Especially seeing some ikki tousen goodness. :D I'm a huge Hakufu fan, and Asuka (NGE). I'm waiting on those figures to get home so i can take pics and show.

Figma saber looks great. I love to mix Macross with the female touch as it seems you do as well. heheh We have a similar displaying style.

So what do you plan on getting next Macross wise? I'm interested. Whats your fav valk? the 19? Something else? You need a Revy or GNU battroid slotted in there.

Favorite Macross Units:

YF-19

VE-1 Elintseeker(been shipped from Tisinc on June 15th, not here yet...)

Destroid Monster

Destroid Monster Konig

VF-11 Thunderbolt

Currently conflicted weather to get the GNU units or Revoltech ones. If I'm correct, the Revoltech Macross unis are 2G versions which looks like they don't have weird posing joints like the early Patlabor ones(my TYPE-ZERO is confusing me!) and the Yamato stuff are once in a while thing since they're so damn expensive haha! My next definite toy for sure is if Bandai ever releases Klan Klein's personal Queadluun-Rau~

Currently for the Ikkitousen items, I done with them for now, there's too many and I have the Toys Works Guan Yu Kanu Unchou figure on pre-order. Figures I'm interested in are usually characters I'm familiar with(well except for the H-titles ones...ahem...) and mechas I'm into are your typical modern real robot types.

awsome collection syn13!

Now that my son and my son's mother know about my collection I think it is time to get a proper display case.

My son's mother said the other day, "why don't you just get a girl friend instead of buying all those sexy figures?" (Ikki Toussen, Ignis, etc.).

It is funny though because I dated a girl for a month recently and at that time I did not obsess about pre-painted-japanese-collectible-figures as much as usual.

Though I do have to say that dating is even more expensive than collecting these things even if they are $80 a pop (just got Shuraki Nida (Needa?)).

</rambling>

Oh Nida, she comes with soooooo much extras that I decided not to get here because she looked good with all variations! Ughh, just gonna give myself a "me" year and I'll get back into dating next year haha!

is your yf-19 the current re-release? i checked the yamato jp website and its available for order again. are the qc issues fixed on your yf-21?

Okay, I just noticed with the my 19 under the lamp and there is stress marks on the left wing...