Diablo III

Fatal Frame was creepy but after awhile i grew insensitized to ghosts. I was more creeped out by the Silent Hill series cuz they tend to stick with you long after you put down the game. >_<

Fatal Frame was creepy but after awhile i grew insensitized to ghosts. I was more creeped out by the Silent Hill series cuz they tend to stick with you long after you put down the game. >_<

I felt that way with the second one, because the ghosts were a little more generic, but the first one? Every time I thought I was getting used to it, they'd throw a creepier ghost at me. Like the one with the eyes gouged out, that was wailing about how it hurt. And most especially the boss one that you fought on the bridge, the way she crawled on the ground at you just when you thought you'd beat her.

Silent Hill had a more unnerving story, but didn't have the same tension. It was really like, "Crap crap crap! I need a weapon. Okay, I found a plank," followed by splattering monsters with said plank.

I can't blame the fanboys for wanting diablo 3 to be perfect, they have waited so many years for it to be released and want it to be the best game ever made. Now that said I do think its alittle silly to condemn a game for having bright colors when its not even halfway done and we havn't seen many screenshots. As for the scariest game, I'd say original Resident Evil, no game has ever scared me as much before or since.

Edited by dizman

I would agree, we've seen basically 1 area and a brief jaunt through a jungle/forest type area. To condemn the games art direction based on that seems a little silly. Furthermore Blizzard has years of experience creating these worlds and all their game sport some of the best art direction in their respective genres (even if it may not be your absolute favorite look). Blizzard hasn't released a bad game...well pretty much ever. Have a little faith in the company to continue their tradition of greatness.