Freedom Fighters PS2

91WhiskeyM6

I have the PC version of the game, so YMMV.

Fantastic game! Great graphics, especially at higher resolutions like 1280X1024. Very smooth control interface and gameplay. Smooth, seamless transistions between large outdoor environments and indoor areas. No pauses for loading textures during a level.

The whole "Red Dawn" storyline hasn't been incorporated into a game before, and the developers did a fantastic job with it.

A little more character development and more unique npc characters would have been nice, though. The weather in the missions changes as the game progresses from summer through winter, which is a nice touch.

My only real complaint is the weird collision modeling for hits. When you shoot an enemy, they'll jerk backward from the impact, but during thar time, any other bullets that hit them have no effect.

Overall, highly recommended.

All the online reviews that I've read for this game have given it very high marks.

Not sure how easy it is to play without a gamepad, but I hear that there's an auto-aim feature for the console versions.

Felix

Edited by flyboy